Review Marsh Community Series 1 v Geelong @ Metricon 6:30pm 22 Feb 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Sexton is great for early round, after that his young teammates tired and can't do the dirty chase and tackle jobs. He need to lift his defensive game.Last year after a few round his form drop because certain players not available. Richmond last year premiership is based on teamwork. If Lynch s**t, Riieldwolt and other eg Dusty can score goal.Anderson, Budarick, Sharp and Rowell all offers something different. Burgess, Mclennan, Graham slowly building chemistry with each other after one year on AFL list.

Last edited:
Haha who?!
To be fair probably more start of 2018, but at least a couple of regular posters here had him as interchange or emergency in the Best 22 2019 thread
Perhaps even more strangely people were completely excluding Fiorini this time last year
Both this guys have been top 10 first picked every week since the start of 2018
Sexy would be the one player I reckon in the entire Club that 17 other Clubs would do the open cheque book for if he ever came on the market
And to think we had to go all the way to.....Logan City to get him :cool:

Sexton is great for early round, after that his young teammates tired and can't do the dirty chase and tackle jobs. He need to lift his defensive game.Last year after a few round his form drop because certain players not available. Richmond last year premiership is based on teamwork. If Lynch s**t, Riieldwolt and other eg Dusty can score goal.
Kudos for outing yourself
I wasn't going to name names

You will enjoy it :)
Although it was just a preseason game, after no wins since Round 3 last year, and the way we played so well against a relatively strong opponent, I’m celebrating almost like it was worth 4 points. Very happy about that performance. Who knows when our next win will come!!! The boys need to keep winning these games to build some confidence back into the group. Last night would hopefully be a big boost.

Kudos for outing yourself
I wasn't going to name names
Last year when other teams put a player on sexton after early round, he really struggle, especially blocking his right side snap. Teams is pretty smart on limited player effectiveness in modern games.eg limited the ball going into certain zone when 4 point on the table.

* I rather Rankine, Ainsworth, McPherson, brodie, swallow all can score two goal each in every games than Sexton getting 4-7 goal every times. Not hard to outing myself.

Last edited:
Last year when other teams put a player on sexton after early round, he really struggle, especially blocking his right side snap. Teams is pretty smart on limited player effectiveness in modern games.eg limited the ball going into certain zone when 4 point on the table.

* I rather Rankine, Ainsworth, McPherson, brodie, swallow all can score two goal each in every games than Sexton getting 4-7 goal every times. Not hard to outing myself.

He ...kicked....39...goals...in ...the losingest...of...losingest...sides..maybe...EVER!!!
BUT
Sticking to your guns in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary!
Good for you!
bagdad-bob.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d rather 10 goals and don’t care if 1 guy kicks them or 10 guys kick 1 goal each tbh

brilliant performance! all the new additions to the team played well, super impressed with hugh & rowelly. think i might have to sign up for kayo or something to watch a replay, would love to see how we looked on tv. even though it's a preseason game, and with relatively few injuries, it's nice to see us able to play the way we want to. gets tricky when you start losing core players to injuries through the season. both sides missing around half a dozen starters, so will be interested to see how the next couple games go. having ben king back up forward definitely helped provide a bit of structure compared to last week too!

GO SUNNERS ;)

brilliant performance! all the new additions to the team played well, super impressed with hugh & rowelly. think i might have to sign up for kayo or something to watch a replay, would love to see how we looked on tv. even though it's a preseason game, and with relatively few injuries, it's nice to see us able to play the way we want to. gets tricky when you start losing core players to injuries through the season. both sides missing around half a dozen starters, so will be interested to see how the next couple games go. having ben king back up forward definitely helped provide a bit of structure compared to last week too!

GO SUNNERS ;)
Can you see the replay on afl website. The dees and Adelaide one seemed to be up on there. Quarter by quarter.

I know it's only preseason, but oh boy did that performance give me a lot of confidence in GC. You lot have a bunch of exciting youth coming up that look pretty competent. It was a good looking win.

What did you all make of Ellis' game? Reckon we will avoid being a whipping boy up there?

I know it's only preseason, but oh boy did that performance give me a lot of confidence in GC. You lot have a bunch of exciting youth coming up that look pretty competent. It was a good looking win.

What did you all make of Ellis' game? Reckon we will avoid being a whipping boy up there?

He did exactly what he was brought to the Club for, and I for one, love him being at our Club. But it was only pre-season and he was only on the ground 65% but still had 22 disposals.....if he continues in that form, no way will he be a "whipping boy"

He did exactly what he was brought to the Club for, and I for one, love him being at our Club. But it was only pre-season and he was only on the ground 65% but still had 22 disposals.....if he continues in that form, no way will he be a "whipping boy"
I loved what he brought to the tigers. I hope GC have a great year for him. He deserves to NOT be a whipping boy for once.

He could be really good for you guys.

MacPherson looked really good last night. Looked like he was playing mostly forward, but got 30+ possessions and looked clean. Good tackler as well.

Can you see the replay on afl website. The dees and Adelaide one seemed to be up on there. Quarter by quarter.
I think is a great team performance, but hard to give players rating with one or two pre season and less than 50 AFL games. Sexton had a great individual performance but he is those few with more than 100 AFL games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back