Marsh Community Series Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly. He will play rnd 1 for sure now. If there are no other options I will need to find the cash to bring him in.
He was always playing round 1. We literally have no other options.

Zerk-Thatcher looks like he was given the opportunity to show himself and play a floating role. Francis Usually does that loose role but this time he was a lock down defender. I wouldn't expect that for him come round 1 so beware. Devon Smith Full inside mid when the season starts? Doubt it. Probably be 50/50 rotating with parish n stringer. Dont look too into things for this game. Many of them played in different positions than usual. Also they were playing a lot of handball game with not much pressure. These guys are going to get crushed doing that against top teams this season.

Zerk-Thatcher looks like he was given the opportunity to show himself and play a floating role. Francis Usually does that loose role but this time he was a lock down defender. I wouldn't expect that for him come round 1 so beware. Devon Smith Full inside mid when the season starts? Doubt it. Probably be 50/50 rotating with parish n stringer. Dont look too into things for this game. Many of them played in different positions than usual. Also they were playing a lot of handball game with not much pressure. These guys are going to get crushed doing that against top teams this season.

Smith played forward most of the first half and swapped with parish at half time. Francis has almost never played as the loose man and Bezerker was covering stanley or ratagulea all day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love it how everyone automatically drops Gawn. He should be your R1.

Take his injury game against Brisbane out and he averaged 132.5 last year while Grundy averaged 130.

Then there's this:

I guess if we want to get bias involved I better defend the big man.
Grundy had a foot injury leading into Round 1 so I better take away his Round 1 score because he was under done. So taking that away he averaged 132.3.

Grundy tons 19/22
Gawn tons 18/21

Grundy total points - 2860
Gawn total points - 2696

Grundy scores >120 - 16/22
Gawn scores >120 - 13/22

You'll hit back with 'but yeah Gawn scored a double ton' so I'll remove the highest and lowest outliers.

Grundy avg - 130.25
Gawn avg - 130.9 (yes I excluded his injury game)

And then in 2018

Grundy outscored him, out averaged him, hit more tons, and had a higher floor.

Oh and the best thing?

Grundy has missed 6 games in 5 years.
Gawn has missed 19 games in 5 years.

So who's more durable? The answer is, you name it.... Grundy. I'd hate to substitute in for lost trades, and emergency scores for Gawn being off the park. But I don't have time.

I guess you're right though, the better pick is Gawn!!! Ha ha

I guess if we want to get bias involved I better defend the big man.
Grundy had a foot injury leading into Round 1 so I better take away his Round 1 score because he was under done. So taking that away he averaged 132.3.

Grundy tons 19/22
Gawn tons 18/21

Grundy total points - 2860
Gawn total points - 2696

Grundy scores >120 - 16/22
Gawn scores >120 - 13/22

You'll hit back with 'but yeah Gawn scored a double ton' so I'll remove the highest and lowest outliers.

Grundy avg - 130.25
Gawn avg - 130.9 (yes I excluded his injury game)

And then in 2018

Grundy outscored him, out averaged him, hit more tons, and had a higher floor.

Oh and the best thing?

Grundy has missed 6 games in 5 years.
Gawn has missed 19 games in 5 years.

So who's more durable? The answer is, you name it.... Grundy. I'd hate to substitute in for lost trades, and emergency scores for Gawn being off the park. But I don't have time.

I guess you're right though, the better pick is Gawn!!! Ha ha

Jiska right now

source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back