Marsh Community Series Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many midprices is to many in a side. We will be out of trades to premo up
Who knows... some will fail, some will pass, some will exceed expectations. Get a balance of proven studs and a few likely mid-price players and you should be right. Probably not a good idea to go all out MPM though. A few decent rookies have appeared now though, so MPM probably isn't the way to go. Balance is key

Underpriced premos are probably better than breakout players? I don't have any research to back that up, just an assumption (eg. Smith or Steven over Greenwood or Petracca)

If I have the time I'll take a look at the mid-pricers that have succeeded over the last few years, whether they are mostly breakout players or fallen premos bouncing back?

Who knows... some will fail, some will pass, some will exceed expectations. Get a balance of proven studs and a few likely mid-price players and you should be right. Probably not a good idea to go all out MPM though. A few decent rookies have appeared now though, so MPM probably isn't the way to go. Balance is key

Underpriced premos are probably better than breakout players? I don't have any research to back that up, just an assumption (eg. Smith or Steven over Greenwood or Petracca)

If I have the time I'll take a look at the mid-pricers that have succeeded over the last few years, whether they are mostly breakout players or fallen premos bouncing back?
Mid-pricers that ended up top 10 or 15 def & fwds in 2019 by average

PlayerStarting PriceAveragePlayerStarting PriceAverage
Zac Williams $ 407,800
101.6​
Caleb Daniel $ 418,500
99.1​
Dane Rampe $ 422,400
97.2​
James Worpel $ 395,700
97​
Dan Rich $ 428,200
96.8​
Jack Billings $ 437,600
93.8​
Nic Newman $ 394,100
96.7​
Jack Ziebell $ 458,500
90.9​
Nick Vlastuin $ 442,900
91.2​
Christian Salem $ 445,400
90.5​
Dan Houston $ 420,500
89.3​

4/11 had previously gone 90+ in a season, the others were breakouts

May have missed some, not 100% sure

I'm currently rocking an 8-8-14 set-up, but with 4 of those 14 rookies priced between 166k-190k.
What price range for the mid-pricers are you using? $200k to $450k?

How many people are still rolling with 4 x 620k+ Mids + Oliver @ M5 + Gawndy + Whitfield?
I dropped Oliver, moved Houston to M5 and got Laird and Dusty in

I want Oliver back in, I'm trying to figure out a way without dropping both Whitfield and Dusty. One might have to go though

I'm still super keen on Petracca and Steven, but can I pass up weekly 100s from Whitfield and Dusty?

See what happens over the next week and a half

I want Oliver back in, I'm trying to figure out a way without dropping both Whitfield and Dusty. One might have to go though

I'm still super keen on Petracca and Steven, but can I pass up weekly 100s from Whitfield and Dusty?

6 of the sides Oliver faces in the first 7 rounds used a tagger to varying degrees of success at some stage last season.
coaches, strategy and line-ups have changed so who knows what happens but I'm hoping for a slow start from Piggy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I moved on from whifield over oliver 2 weeks back. Its a no brainer if you look at their history.

soft**** effort in R23. Give it to me when the season is on the line.

More seriously, it skews the average and if you looked at say a median score, Grundy comes out more appealing.

Mainly I wanted to argue with Uncle J

That 200+ got me into the top 200 over gimps that had traded Gawn out when he got injured or had other ruckgimps like Goldy.

Give uncle hell.

anyone made one of those nifty spreadsheets for the marsh series on each players points per game with time on ground % ?
Herald Sun usually do that. Hopefully they do it again this year

It really depends on your focus overall vs leagues.

If overall, you'll need to bank those tons
If leagues, you'll need a more value based team

BTW - I'm 50/50, so my team is stuffed before SC has even started this year :straining:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back