Game Day Marsh Community Series - Game 1, 2020: St.Kilda v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
qpP8DHi.png

14pyBqC.png

Was booked to travel to this but had to cancel just this week due to a badly inflamed leg. One of my Richmond supporting mates took my tickets. So if you see a short rather thick set lad stretching a tigers jersey at the ground, give him heaps will you lads.

Go saints!

Excited is an understatement

I haven't looked forward to a season like I am this year for some time. Not because of what i think we will achieve but because I think we will turn the corner and finally show the really hard times are behind us.

I expect to see quite a few "what the hell are they doing" moments tonight but I also hope to see just as many "you can see what they're all trying to do" moments in between.

Oh....and my boy M❤X KING!!!!!

Looking forward to getting down to the old stopping ground for this one, although I am dreading the parking situation. Anyone live within walking distance and want to let me park in their driveway for a couple hours? hehehe

Looking forward to getting down to the old stopping ground for this one, although I am dreading the parking situation. Anyone live within walking distance and want to let me park in their driveway for a couple hours? hehehe
Taking the train it to Moorabbin station and walking from there. The parking even with 8k people will be horrendous.

Had someone in Melbourne's inner sanctum....came up to me on Saturday and said that the word is around the AFL traps that we are flying as a club.

Cannot wait to see if that is just talk and Feb hero's Sept Zeroes sort of stuff.

Feel that we have removed some favourite sons and some players we just wanted to see more of their best but were seeing continually seeing more of the mediocre. Acres Newnes Bruce etc. Hope they do great things elsewhere as they were good people.

Seems like there is a real different vibe at the club more family and racial integration dare I say inclusive...which is afterall our brand.

Hannas and Jones importing Swans culture, Butler with Richmond's game day strategy add to it Ryder's experience of what a club should not do and Ratts infectious extroversion rather than Richos dour introversion and just work harder to do better ethos combines to give a new dynamic to the place.

Add Satan's management and ruthless edge with Rath's new age analytics gives the players a new sense of what is an acceptable standard if you cannot reach it then do not expect to be hanging round for long.

If nothing else it builds expectations and us Saints fans have know that feeling only too well.

Go Saints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the Hawks delisted Minch?

So what time do people think you should get to the ground to guarantee entry? I was thinking 4:30-5? Any later might be runnin the gauntlet a bit?

So from our bunch, that's 26 in the side, 4 emergencies, 4 unavailable. That leaves 11 not mentioned:

Alabakis
Austin
Bell
Brown
Clavarino
Connolly
Hind (injured?)
Mayo
Parker (injured?)
Phillips
Webster (managed?)

Presumably some of those guys are being managed or are still recovering from things?

Played 254, won 134, lost 118. Went Ok there I think. Was like a fortress 65 - 78, in the 80s we lost everywhere. I think far and away our most successful venue.

Best venue by some margin. I wasn't there for the fortress years. It didn't matter. I was an outcaste kid with a chip on one shoulder and carrying the weight of the world on the other. Times were heavier for me back then. Moorabbin felt like a big family of outcastes with varying chips on their shoulders. It was cathartic...and I'm glad we're back there.

Yeah, I hadn't seen it announced that they picked him back up. I guess they must have.

He hasn’t been officially picked up by them yet, but he’s been training with them through pre season and following the rules he is allowed to compete in pre season matches as part of his attempt to grab that last list spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back