Game Day Marsh Community Series - Game 1, 2020: St.Kilda v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know he is still a good 2-3 years of gym away from getting anywhere near his peak size.
I think if he plays 10-15 games this year and can go at a goal a game that’s a big tick. His talent is undeniable but the big thing he is gonna do is drag one of those monster defenders away from members which is gonna be huge against the likes of Richmond, gws and the other teams that have multiple a grade key defenders
He also reads the play well/has the pace to get off his man/excellent off the ground so that even on a ‘quiet’ night, he still took a few marks and contributed. Shame he hit the post with the first one.

Last edited:
Saints suddenly appear to have genuine excitement factor. And the big bonus was watching Jonathan Marsh in the last quarter. Boy, is that lad a unit.

So much organic improvement going on. Clark, King, Marshall, Coffield, Dunstan, Lonie. Add in the new recruits who ALL looked good. Include lots of enthusiasm and the obvious optimism of a new coaching structure. This team genuinely looks OK. Dan Hannebery in the middle will further strengthen the team.

The trajectory appears to be heading North.

I'd love Hammill to take Marsh under his wing and teach him to brutalise anyone that touches King like Hammer did for a baby Rooey. Marsh has a turn of speed and bulk that make him like a shopping trolley full of bricks on a car park ramp. Make him use it for evil.

1582197720175.png

FEBRUARY 20: Tim Membrey (left) and Josh Battle of the Saints celebrate during the 2020 Marsh Community Series match between the St Kilda Saints and the Hawthorn Hawks at RSEA Park on February 20, 2020 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)

1582197750430.png

FEBRUARY 20: Paddy Ryder of the Saints marks the ball over Jonathon Ceglar of the Hawks during the 2020 Marsh Community Series match between the St Kilda Saints and the Hawthorn Hawks at RSEA Park on February 20, 2020 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)

Membrey and Marshall equal best in the second half
Billings, Carlisle, Clark, Kent and Wilkie all getting lots of it
Ryder also better in the second half.

Long, Hill, Kent, Wilkie quite classy

What's incredible about Marshall is that he still seems genuinely surprised by his abilities when ever he does good stuff. He's like someone who just discovered a super power.

View attachment 826311

FEBRUARY 20: A Saints fan is seen during the 2020 Marsh Community Series match between the St Kilda Saints and the Hawthorn Hawks at RSEA Park on February 20, 2020 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)
Pretty sure they were my bed covers as a kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1582198128217.png

FEBRUARY 20: Tom Scully of the Hawks and Hunter Clark of the Saints compete for the ball during the 2020 Marsh Community Series match between the St Kilda Saints and the Hawthorn Hawks at RSEA Park on February 20, 2020 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos)

1582198276710.png

FEBRUARY 20: Gillon McLachlan, Chief Executive Officer of the AFL (right) looks on during the 2020 Marsh Community Series match between the St Kilda Saints and the Hawthorn Hawks at RSEA Park on February 20, 2020 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Michael Willson/AFL Photos

Lots of individual positives and great to see footy back in the suburbs. Some players didn't live up to expectations others exceeded them.

Both teams had a red hot go which highlights a good win! I especially loved the way we took the sting out of the game with 7 minutes to go, shows we are maturing into a well oiled team.

Membrey is a very good leader!

I'd love Hammill to take Marsh under his wing and teach him to brutalise anyone that touches King like Hammer did for a baby Rooey. Marsh has a turn of speed and bulk that make him like a shopping trolley full of bricks on a car park ramp. Make him use it for evil.

I think the senior players are all keeping an eye out for King. I like him playing up the ground for a while until he fills out a bit and gets a bit more experience. But even tonight you could see that he is going to be some player. And to think we got him at pick 4.

As for Marsh, he was the bonus of the night. Physically imposing, electrifying, with the speed of a freight train. A bloke like that can turn a game. Must admit I didn’t expect it.

Can’t wait to see what Jones brings his pace along with Hill will make us a much different side. Jones will surprise a few on here he is a good get

Imagine if we get to round 1 with a fit list. Choosing a 22 will be incredibly tough.
Ridiculously hard.

Remember a couple of years ago when we knew who 21 of the team would be leading into R1 and the only question would be which one of Armo, Koby and Dunstan would miss!?

Ridiculously hard.

Remember a couple of years ago when we knew who 21 of the team would be leading into R1 and the only question would be which one of Armo, Koby and Dunstan would miss!?
I bloody well hope it’s a sign of good things to come. Means players finally get chosen based on form.

Ridiculously hard.

The backline and in the guts mids as I think hill/ billing’s will play the wings is the interesting one for me.

I think our forward line will be butler,lonie,members,king,Ryder and billing’s or battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back