Preview Marsh Community Series - Game 2, 2020: Collingwood v St.Kilda - Morwell Recreation Reserve, Sunday 8th March, 3:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 36 78.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Tomlinson got 32 possessions and dominated for the Dee's against the Hawks.

Why oh why did we pay the world for Hill when we could have got him for the cost of a 3rd rounder!!!! Discuss
You're right, one good practice game surely holds more weight than a best & fairest and three time premiership player.

We will soon see who makes the cut - Ryder will have to show he can run out a full game in the ruck and playing against Grundy it's going to be a task.

Geary needs to put in a full 4 quarters as well , because we have a bunch of guys who have not missed a day in the preseason and are pushing for his job
and just because he is Captain doesn't mean he is gifted a game.

Lets don't forget Hannerbery as well he needs to show some touch before round one.

Still a lot to play out and this game will give us a look at our the team could line up.

I'm expecting big things from Gresham this year , his fitness level is far superior to previous years and his class in the middle will be huge if we can feed Hill , Billings , Jones and Hannebery.

But as you have mentioned before about our inexperienced forward line it just might make there job a little bit easier when the ball is being delivered better.
I still feel Battle will end up in the forward line , he seems to be a goal kicker any time he has a run there , but in saying that we are not be lining up with Ryder , King , Membery and Battle in our forward line.

unfortunately because” you are Captain you are” , hence the only negative decision in my opinion last 6 months.

Not concerned about Battle , Bytel in the slightest , years end they will be the future.

unfortunately because” you are Captain you are” , hence the only negative decision in my opinion last 6 months.

Not concerned about Battle , Bytel in the slightest , years end they will be the future.

The concern is that battle is out of contract and other clubs will be in his ear NOW.

Just like how we had hill sewn up by circa April last year according to the reports from the last couple of months

The concern is that battle is out of contract and other clubs will be in his ear NOW.

Just like how we had hill sewn up by circa April last year according to the reports from the last couple of months

Will repeat it .....Ratten has internally & consistently said he sees Josh Battle as a 150 game player,
also said consistently that team will be different to round 1 , having no injuries currently by years end.

Then add stuv and bruce given away so cheaply as well. So many question marks. Not convinced about this gallagher fella. Seems like a yes man to me. Time will tell.
We were trapped into a corner with stuv . What was club meant to do? Stick fat and not trade him and end up looking like the bad guy because we don’t care about the well-being of our players? As for Bruce, we essentially swapped him for Jones. So tell me what are you concerns?

I see Tomlinson got 32 possessions and dominated for the Dee's against the Hawks.

Why oh why did we pay the world for Hill when we could have got him for the cost of a 3rd rounder!!!! Discuss
Yup agree, got depressed seeing Tomlinson tearing up in the SOO game with our Hill dud not even selected.

Even more depressing was seeing Bruce, Acres, Newnes and Steven all in the SOO.

Not sure about this Gallagher fellow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the AFL website he is - but yeah I see they are still listing 8 on the bench for every team - including tonights games!!! So aside from Marsh who else is missing from the team listed on the AFL website?

My point still stands - there must be a reason why they didn't take the opportunity to play Battle (as the replacement CHB) with Carlisle not being available and the only reason I can see is that are keener to give certain players a final chance to win a spot than go with the "known" capabilities of Battle.
I think the CHB experiment is over for Battle. He was great, but things have moved on.

2nqHWhh.gif

Then add stuv and bruce given away so cheaply as well. So many question marks. Not convinced about this gallagher fella. Seems like a yes man to me. Time will tell.
Yep you're right, what a terrible trade period. Lol.

Holy s**t.

Surely you aren't serious?

We went after Hill because we need top end talent. We don't need anymore GOP's.

Might as well have kept Newnes or Acres if we wanted Tomlinson.
No I'm not - its more about the anguish some are feeling about getting rid of Acres. Tomlinson (Acres) had 32 possessions - ergo he's a gun - why didn't we chase him (or let Acres go).

EDIT : Very very happy with our trade period and the efforts of Gallagher since his appointment.

Did Battle play the second Hawks practice game? Very interesting that he didn't make the side this week. It will be fascinating to see what position he plays at Sandringham if he is playing there.

Did Battle play the second Hawks practice game? Very interesting that he didn't make the side this week. It will be fascinating to see what position he plays at Sandringham if he is playing there.

Yes he did.

The team for the practice match verse the Hawks, not unlike this weekends match, are good indicators on who will play round 1 in the season proper.

Unless you were a player getting miles into your legs (Geary, Jones) you didn’t play last week. So anyone that did play (Battle) was very unlikely to be selected for the dress rehearsal this weekend or round 1 unless injuries or suspensions dictate otherwise.

The players we were unsure about being in the best 22 (Long, Sinclair, Savage, Battle) for round 1 has now been cleared up. Long & Sinclair look very much in Ratts’ immediate plans, Savage & Battle are currently depth.

Will repeat it .....Ratten has internally & consistently said he sees Josh Battle as a 150 game player,
also said consistently that team will be different to round 1 , having no injuries currently by years end.

Of course but if he's not getting games and/or being played out of position, he will be very vunerable to a big club coming in to offer him the world no matter how many warm and fuzzys the coach gives him.

Exactly like how howard was highly regarded by port but was vunerable to our advances because he was cheezed off about playing forward.
It cuts both ways.

Gun footy players can understandibly be very impatient about not waiting around until a spot opens up.
Their short career can be over in an instant- wasting 6-12 months of your potentially few prime years playing magoos or out of position when you have proven to be a gun in one spot would be a bitter pill to swallow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back