Game Day Marsh Community Series Game 2: Adelaide v Gold Coast. Friday 7 March @ Flinders University Stadium, 4:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

The deal the Suns got was totally ridiculous. AFL was more than happy to * Adelaide and Melbourne on that one.

I hope the Vic clubs raid the s**t out of Gold Coast. They might be scum but at least those clubs have supporters in a state that actually cares about footy. Seeing that kind of elite talent get drafted to a club with no supporters and showcase their talent in front of a pitiful crowds in a near empty stadium is a disgrace.

You're right, we have looked very ordinary during the preseason and Friday just capped off just how bad we look. The score in the end definitely flattered us, to put it bluntly Gold Coast beat us all over the field.

If the Suns can manage 1/2 to 3/4 of the season playing to the level that they've been playing in the pre-seaon then they're a big chance to finish about us.

I honestly don't see us winning more than 6 games this year and think the spoon will end up being between us, GC and North Melbourne and going by form during the pre-season, we'd have to be close to being favorites to finish 18th.

forget what you “think”

where is your money at?

Theres no way Chayce was in the guts 22 times. Typo by Freako I reckon. For some reason he was playing mostly half forward and also wing. Had a couple CBAs too but not 22.

Adelaide
PlayerCBAsFantasyTOG%
R. O'Brien218487
B. Crouch1610479
M. Crouch1310180
R. Sloane128878
P. Seedsman911078
B. Smith912478
R. Atkins48879
C. Jones33279
T. Walker15286

Watching the last qtr again, our kicking skills are atrocious.

Sloane misses an easy pass to Lynch, turnover and goal when we should have goaled.

Gibbs, can’t hit a target.

Murphy, poor kick to ROB.

Davis to the wrong side of FOG.

That’s just a few, but there were more.

Now if you’ve spent a preseason developing a game plan based on short kicking, surely they must have hit some targets?

But if Nicks wants to play this style, Hamish better get him some players with elite kicking skills. * the rest of the feel good spin.

Watching the last qtr again, our kicking skills are atrocious.

Sloane misses an easy pass to Lynch, turnover and goal when we should have goaled.

Gibbs, can’t hit a target.

Murphy, poor kick to ROB.

Davis to the wrong side of FOG.

That’s just a few, but there were more.

Now if you’ve spent a preseason developing a game plan based on short kicking, surely they must have hit some targets?

But if Nicks wants to play this style, Hamish better get him some players with elite kicking skills. fu** the rest of the feel good spin.
We've got two elite kicks on the list who saw no game time in the marsh games, Sholl and Hamill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have more confidence that Hamill, Sholl, Butts, McPherson and McAsey will hit a target than Gibbs, Laird, Talia, Kelly, Mackay and Hartigan
Yep... those last five blokes would struggle to hit the side of a large barn from 10m away...

The field kicking skills of our defense has been nothing short of ******* atrocious for a while now.

on top of this they all take forever to make a bloody decision often looking sideways/backwards a couple of times.. that’s why this young Ayce lad that we picked up yesterday was a bit of a worry. His weaknesses were listed as skills and decision making... faaark me... another one to add to our defensive stocks!.

more hamill, sholl, butts, McPherson and macasey please... and fast.

Our footskills have dictated our game plan for quite a while

The reason we do the up and under giraffe kick up the line is because that's all we can do

The reason we chip sideways and backwards instead of taking a more attacking option is because that's all we can do

Early days but it seems as though Nicks is going to demand more from a skill sense. Oh, there will be turnovers. There will. But there needs to be for the weeding process to begin.

Expose the shankers.

The reason we do the up and under giraffe kick up the line is because that's all we can do

The reason we chip sideways and backwards instead of taking a more attacking option is because that's all we can do

Early days but it seems as though Nicks is going to demand more from a skill sense. Oh, there will be turnovers. There will. But there needs to be for the weeding process to begin.

Expose the shankers.
That’s 3/4s of our experienced players

Expose the shankers.

The up and under kick is the result of the panicked backwards handball to a player standing flat footed barely 2m away.

The kick isn't the issue, even though it drives me nuts to see.

The player who gives the handball should either lay a shepherd, or keep running to then receive a handball back from the flat footed player. Either that or the flat footed player shouldn't be calling for the ball.

For too long we've had the attitude of get rid of the ball and make it someone else's problem. For all his faults, I'd point out Atkins as a player who at least doesn't shirk the responsibility. He gets caught HTB a bit but I bet his turnover assist numbers aren't that bad.

I have more confidence that Hamill, Sholl, Butts, McPherson and McAsey will hit a target than Gibbs, Laird, Talia, Kelly, Mackay and Hartigan
Gibbs used to be a brilliant kick. I can understand his general form falling off a cliff due to age and other factors, but why has his field kicking suddenly turn to crap? You don't just lose that easily, even some of the old fat guys in Slowdowns retain their kicking skills

Remove this Banner Ad

Back