Review Marsh Community Series - West Coast vs Fremantle Saturday March 7 @ Joondalup 4.10PM WST

Remove this Banner Ad

Nic is warming up he will be fine
Brander was far from our worst and contested well on several occasions.
Kelly is find ing hgis feet.
Shuey is ovecoming a back complaint but is all class.
McG coming on was a huge lift - showed the way spoiling hard.
Hurn is warminfg up.
Waterman looked to have problems breathing!

our problem is a lack of pace but in part we played slow so all players are on their back foot. When he play like this we dont score well.

Interesting, Simmo was quite unhappy about the game, admitted the team was slack or disappointing and said very solemnly that 'we always play to win!' He didn't put much positive spin on the game. Said they put on a burst later in the game, but where was that before?
Either he's playing 'deep cover' tactically or what you saw was exactly as it was, we got beaten by a depleted Freo team, with our supposed crackerjack midfield.
On the flipside in Fishnchipville, Fyfe said it was a good win, reward for training etc and they'll use that positive to take into round 1...not sure of the shelf life for a preseason win?

Watched the first half today as I missed it on gameday, and was not impressed. Far too indirect, crossways, backwards, across again, back again - rubbish football. Play with some speed goddammit, back up at pace, and straighten up.

Watched the first half today as I missed it on gameday, and was not impressed. Far too indirect, crossways, backwards, across again, back again - rubbish football. Play with some speed goddammit, back up at pace, and straighten up.

Bloody frustrating.

Either we've been in a hard training block in thr lead up and during OR we simply will be dishing the same s**t as last year.

Feel like its the latter and we have no new tricks.

Happy to be proven wrong.

We'll see where things are at after a month of the season proper. Those w***ers in the VFL have handed us a truly hideous draw, worst in the competition by far and unless we hit the ground running the season could drift off before it begins.

I wonder the people that are panicking are the same people hording toilet paper and canned goods?
Either we've been in a hard training block in thr lead up and during OR we simply will be dishing the same s**t as last year.

Feel like its the latter and we have no new tricks.

Happy to be proven wrong.
Found the 3 ply hoarder!

Positives - No injuries.
- Yo showed hes lost nothing.
- Brander is starting to look at home.Pretty composed for a big fella.
- NN was ok and didnt give too much away.
- TK is a jet.
- Ryan is an absolute gun!
- Barass starting to fly for his marks.

Negatives - Gaff looked like he was in slo-mo most of the game.
- Shuey was happy to sit back and let TK do his thing.
- Vardy wasnt good but remember it was not a game to suit him.When the game is broken down into one on ones,chasing and accountability are not his strong point.But when the whole team unites and charges into the contest tough and hard thats where he leads from the front.
- WC seem to be trying to sort out the small defender role.Nelson needs to start backing himself in the one on ones.Hes got some nice candy and a great left foot.Mate,back yourself! Look at Shuey;He plays almost as a left footer now ala Mitchell only with more kicking penetration.Go left,go left,go left!
Duggan got a lot of the footy but gee he doesnt hurt teams enough.Hes got into this habit of letting the ball take an extra half bounce before collecting it.Instead of hitting it at full pace he waits a bit for it to bounce up to a comfortable height.He is then under more pressure.He kicks long but where to?He lollies his short kicks.He tries to muscle through tackles instead of stepping.
-Unless Jetta or Hurn have the ball in hand we look dodgy coming out of defence.
- Cripps looked rusty.
- Petrol and Ryan need to be more positive when kicking for goal.
- Waterman just doesnt quite have it.His decision making is meh!We need OAllen in there.

In general it was a good hitout.I think first and foremost we have been bedding down TK in the guts.I just hate losing to those vermin in any shape or form.

Going 3-3 at the start of 2019 or whatever it was, and many of us knew the season was farked already given the nature of those losses. We never really recovered even though there were quite a few people making excuses all the way through the season about why it was OK that we couldn't beat the top 4 and that everything would be OK at the end of the year.

Oops.

I won't read too much into the preseason but if we go 1-4 against he top 4 again, then I'll start worrying :drunk:

Hoping for more direct ball movement in the season proper. Surely Simpson knows this is a weakness and I am confident we will be switched on from Round 1. If 2019 doesn't hurt the coaches and players, then fold the club :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vardy really has gone backwards in a big way. 2017-2018 he was actually a pretty handy player...but after the GF he got worse! Really Hickey should be getting a game infront of him.
Lycett leaving was actually kinda s**t in the end

Its preseason training . Josh Kennedy sitting out last qtr . Cue in the rack . No coaching strategies except the system which would have been the 3 quarters . Double their score when cue went in the rack . If anything after almost coming over the top of Essondon and fading against Freo there is something to tweak and learn from .
No big deal . We are ok .

Its preseason training . Josh Kennedy sitting out last qtr . Cue in the rack . No coaching strategies except the system which would have been the 3 quarters . Double their score when cue went in the rack . If anything after almost coming over the top of Essondon and fading against Freo there is something to tweak and learn from .
No big deal . We are ok .

Without melting, people were convinced right up until the pantsing we copped from Hawthorn at home last year that we had something to tweak and learn from etc etc etc

Those calls were loudest after the Richmond game we coughed up when it started to rain. Hold something back for the finals etc.

We didn't learn anything :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back