Preview Marsh game 2 vs Cola swans Monday March 9 1:40pm Kingston Twins Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

What is our biggest hole? Class off HB. That is why those two have been gives opportunities.

Good to see some of our young talent featuring and I suspect there's about 5 blokes in the selected 18 who'll wear out Shaw's patience by about Round 4. It will be for the best.

Have to say though that's one poor looking halfback line.

Well hes not injured. So why else.
Your guess is as good as mine - if we have 30 blokes better than Bailey and he is not injured then Ferball and the Flying Ham are right - top 4 is a walk in the park for us!

I hope he is being rested ...but with a week off next week you would wonder why we aren't playing the best 22 available.

Your guess is as good as mine - if we have 30 blokes better than Bailey and he is not injured then Ferball and the Flying Ham are right - top 4 is a walk in the park for us!

I hope he is being rested ...but with a week off next week you would wonder why we aren't playing the best 22 available.

He didn’t play last week, he’s not playing Monday, we have a week off next weekend. That’s a helluva rest.

To be honest, he wouldn’t be in my 22 for Rd 1, but he’d be ahead of a few in this weeks squad.

He didn’t play last week, he’s not playing Monday, we have a week off next weekend. That’s a helluva rest.

To be honest, he wouldn’t be in my 22 for Rd 1, but he’d be ahead of a few in this weeks squad.
Certainly in my best 22 - offers run and carry and smart ball use that we badly need.

I understand he is young but he should be playing if fit (and he is not in any injury lists that I have seen).

I’d like to come off the long run and give it to the selectors over Jmac, Garner, wood getting another run but I won’t just yet.
there are signs that the only thing that’s changed is the name of the Coach.
Shaw has a month to prove he’s got both eyes wide open.
A month? How generous.

Leading in to the first game of the year, going back to experience with a smattering of new and young blokes is probably a good play. Then transition slowly Over the following weeks, pushing out under performers and including performers from the VFL.

Rhyce will want the game style adhered to and will want to set the tone for the year. We want to be known as a tough team - that’s our brand. I think we will put a team on the park that will ‘bash em’ to use the coach’s phrase.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah let’s give him 10 yrs like the last bozo.
If he’s playing the same deadwood and getting the same result - I’ll be looking for heads to roll.
for to long we’ve let things fester without any questions asked.
Or, and i know this is an insane idea, actually give an amount of time that isnt excessive, but isnt reactive as *?

I'll be interested in the structural and gameplan aspects, rather than the individual players and stats, on Monday.

What forward line would we go with in the future?

How will our small-medium forwards shape up? Taylor, Garner and Mahoney pushing up and down the field.

Quality of our forward fifty entries.

Clearance structures, a big one.

Defensive, rebound and kick in structures.

A gameplan similar to that of the contested wing strategy of last year or something a bit more methodical?

Last edited:
I’d like to come off the long run and give it to the selectors over Jmac, Garner, wood getting another run but I won’t just yet.
there are signs that the only thing that’s changed is the name of the Coach.
Shaw has a month to prove he’s got both eyes wide open.

One month ‘eh?

Last bloke got 10 years

I'll be interested in the structural and gameplan aspects, rather than the individual players and stats, on Monday.

What forward line would we go with? i.e. A taller one with Brown, Larkey and a Xerri/Comben, or a more medium sized one with only 2 KPF's.

How will our small-medium forwards shape up? Taylor, Garner and Mahoney pushing up and down the field.

A gameplan similar to that of the contested wing strategy of last year or something a bit more methodical?

Brown is not in. Larkey listed at FF and JZ at HF.

What forward line would we go with in the future?

Yeah it’d be good to see some free flowing footy from us, with a plan when ball is in hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back