Preview Marsh game 2 vs Cola swans Monday March 9 1:40pm Kingston Twins Oval

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
We’d want a decent result given the belting GWS just handed them.

I’d be expecting some sort of statement with our aggression. What did Shaw say in that clip? “You bash each other at training then run next a Bulldogs player”
“You can bash your teammates at training, then just go stand next to a bulldog and not touch him”
-Rhys Shaw, February 2020

This whack will resonate with most of us and I just hope it means he doesn’t cop the bullshit we’ve seen so far.
It’s not sig-worthy but it will be something we look back on in three years as either a catalyst for Shaw’s success or his failure.
Where did he go from here?

“You can bash your teammates at training, then just go stand next to a bulldog and not touch him”
-Rhys Shaw, February 2020

This whack will resonate with most of us and I just hope it means he doesn’t cop the bullshit we’ve seen so far.
It’s not sig-worthy but it will be something we look back on in three years as either a catalyst for Shaw’s success or his failure.
Where did he go from here?

I reckon it was a pretty mild rebuke to the players really. It would have been fairly obvious to them already. In the second half of last season, we saw the intensity that North can bring to the table. Shaw’s challenge will be to ensure the team can “maintain the rage” on a consistent basis. After that, it’s down to the cattle he has at his disposal. Simple fact is, it may turn out that he doesn’t actually have the quality available to him to really cut through. In that event, our drafting strategies become the number one priority.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seeing there is a week until this game, this week we should have a full scale intra-club praccie, all (physically fit) hands on deck, and spread the talent a bit evenly so it isn't a walk in the park for the "probables v possibles", the team for the Sydney game to be selected on form shown, as really not much to go on so far.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Want we need to see;

Brown
Cunnington
Ziebell
Polec
Larkey
Simpkin
LDU all play.

Hosie
Mahoney
Taylor
Bonar all get significant minutes.

Garner
Durdin
Wood
Ahern
McMillan
McDonald
Atley show us why they deserve a game.

Reckon the only blokes guaranteed a game at this stage;

Goldy
Higgins
Tarrant
Pittard
Zurhaar
Anderson
Dumont
Thomas
Daw
Walker

Apologies if l've missed anybody.

Last edited:

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
With a VFL practice match on the Sunday, I think we can finally see through the club injury censorship. We'll also get an idea as to who's on the outer, as it's not just a case of juggling match practice, the club can leave players out of the best 22/24 for the VFL match on Sunday for match fitness.

If any of Ziebell, Polec, LDU miss the match, I would hope we are ruling a line through them, LDU probably less so, as he's only missed 2 weeks of training.

I think if Bonar doesn't play in either match, we can probably assume he won't be in Rnd 1, as we won't take a guy who may of been borderline anyway, inRnd 1 with hamstring risks.

Apr 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If any of Ziebell, Polec, LDU miss the match, I would hope we are ruling a line through them, LDU probably less so, as he's only missed 2 weeks of training.
Based on that Bulldogs practice match, I reckon if Polec is declared available we play him regardless of match fitness. His skills by foot through the middle are desperately needed.

Hopefully we can get a dress rehearsal going for this one and play something approaching good quality football. Last year proved we don't have the talent to fall back on to play like rubbish for all inter-club pre-season matches and then turn up in round one. We need the majority of our players to be in great form and for our entire team to be in sync with each other.
Not sure that's possible, as if we actually trained this over summer, there would have been some evidence by now. Even going with the outs that we have had, you should still be able to see the ball movement system on display. We look like we've never played together FFS.

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Polec will be playing a half this week.

Sort of good and bad news.

Good that there will be a sighting.

Bad that he is only capable of a half at the moment and likely goes into the Rnd 1 side with that load base.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Bad that he is only capable of a half at the moment and likely goes into the Rnd 1 side with that load base.

One could assume that the medicos are restricting him to a half rather than only being capable of that.

As he said during the interview, he has previously gone into a season off a similar base and had done ok. I think he is one bloke that can do that.

Come on, Pykie, admit it, you have to be relieved to hear he’ll be playing, regardless? That leaves BBB as our major worry.

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Come on, Pykie, admit it, you have to be relieved to hear he’ll be playing, regardless? That leaves BBB as our major worry.

I'm glad he's playing.

I'm concerned he's going to lineup on Brad Hill in Rnd 1, with 2 weeks of training and 40 mins of game play under his belt.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
I'm glad he's playing.

I'm concerned he's going to lineup on Brad Hill in Rnd 1, with 2 weeks of training and 40 mins of game play under his belt.

I’d rather Polec than Dumont.

Actually, I’d prefer Scott to both of them.

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's great if both Scott and Polec play. But Dumont is much more tenacious than we think

I liked Dumont playing in the guts against Melbourne last weekend; played the distributor/accumulator role pretty well. Be nice to see Polec and Scott play the wings, and Dumont can rotate through the centre

Feb 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Just running through my 22 and we have lots of mid size forwards Garner, hosie, Zurhar, Taylor, Jz, W Walker and mid size defenders Jmac, Lmac, pittard, Atley, EVW but no small ones with the exception of Marley and Mahoney? That can’t be right can it?

Back