Preview Marsh game 2 vs Cola swans Monday March 9 1:40pm Kingston Twins Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm glad he's playing.

I'm concerned he's going to lineup on Brad Hill in Rnd 1, with 2 weeks of training and 40 mins of game play under his belt.

Brad Hill is so overrated. He is a good player, but seriously the hysteria is ridiculous. Play Scott on him and Polec on the other wing.
I honestly think polec’s preseason’s from here on in will be very similar. He will hit the ground running and balance the workload over the season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Brad Hill is so overrated. He is a good player, but seriously the hysteria is ridiculous. Play Scott on him and Polec on the other wing.
I honestly think polec’s preseason’s from here on in will be very similar. He will hit the ground running and balance the workload over the season.

I think he is underrated, going by your comment. Damn good player, although apparently hard to get to stick to a game plan.

I think he is underrated, going by your comment. Damn good player, although apparently hard to get to stick to a game plan.

Each to their own. We got canned for paying 700k for Polec and Saints get praised for paying a million a year for a bloke with similar output. Give me a friggin spell.

We'll learn a lot this time. All clubs will be full dress rehearsal modes for this round surely?

I'm curious what the club learnt from the games so far that will influence the season proper?

The promise of Taylor and Hosie? That Xerri is competitive? That Comben is a talented but raw prospect?

None of these things were much surprise.

Wasn't expecting revelations not much more is known about the 2020 prospects of the fringe players from the last 2 weeks - namely McKay, Durdin, Hall and Tyson.

Hope Mahony is given a legitimate chance to stake a spot this game. Zurhaar and Garner would want to show a bit more over a full game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked Dumont playing in the guts against Melbourne last weekend; played the distributor/accumulator role pretty well. Be nice to see Polec and Scott play the wings, and Dumont can rotate through the centre

Agreed. Was thinking this.

With LDU gone, Dumont into the middle. LDU has more upside in the long term, but nothing lost in the next 15 weeks or so given where they’re each at with their development.

Be different a few years time though!... Assuming LDU gets fit and can string games together.

Alright hear me out–if I were going to throw the magnets around I would try TT off the back line. Tackles like a terrier and great delivery. Leaves Higgins to take care of the i50 work.
I know I know it’s crazy but I feel he could accumulate a fair bit of the ball but admit we lose some attacking prowess which I think we can almost afford.

Alright hear me out–if I were going to throw the magnets around I would try TT off the back line. Tackles like a terrier and great delivery. Leaves Higgins to take care of the i50 work.
I know I know it’s crazy but I feel he could accumulate a fair bit of the ball but admit we lose some attacking prowess which I think we can almost afford.
i like it

You don't throw a talent like Thomas around like that while he's developing.

I think Tarryn's tackling is more valuable forward rather than in the backline to be honest. That's where your serious defensive work is done these days. Get that right and you can have a Higgins at hb free wheeling.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I would hope to see something close to a genuine effort in this last practice match.

So far our pre-season has been business as usual, and by business I mean lacklustre and lacking intensity or any initiative by many players who are clearly not best 22.

It would be nice if we could prepare to hit the ground running for round one, we look shot again like we did last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back