List Mgmt. Marsh going home for personal reasons

Remove this Banner Ad

I've heard they won't be trading him, bit will keep him on the list.
The club does not want him to go.
He said he was happy to play WAFL.
It's not about the club.
Looks like the kid is battling demons.

He is homesick, that is pretty much it. There were concerns in his draft year that he would struggle with a move interstate which might explain why he slipped in the draft order.

Lets hope he gets himself sorted and returns as he has a golden ticket at the Pies with Frost and Brown gone.

There has to be a way to try and help him. Possibly offer him a weeks leave at some point during the year so he can go back for a week?

Take him with us to the Perth game(s) even if he isn't selected?

If we are pushing hard to try and keep him it is telling me we don't really have a genuine solution if he goes.

Sorry to read this. Sometimes if we work too hard or we don't eat well our mattress work suffers. Have you had your zinc levels checked?

Gold Jerry, gold!!!

We should create a sticky thread consisting solely of game changing retorts, with this as the first. Maybe we can call it "The G. Constanza - the jerk store called, they're running out of you!".

It's not about the club.

Are you allowed to play WAFL if you are a listed player for a club that doesnt have a team in the WAFL?Assume it would need some sort of special approval....

That would be an awesome result. Leave him on the rookie list and let him play in Perth for a year where he can reconsider his decision without having to rush it. And if he has a good year, who knows, worst case scenario he might even have some trade value to the Eagles or Dockers!

Are you allowed to play WAFL if you are a listed player for a club that doesnt have a team in the WAFL?Assume it would need some sort of special approval....

That would be an awesome result. Leave him on the rookie list and let him play in Perth for a year where he can reconsider his decision without having to rush it. And if he has a good year, who knows, worst case scenario he might even have some trade value to the Eagles or Dockers!

I think Marsh is assuming that he will get delisted or something?
I think he is even willing to throw away his AFL career?
Don't take what I am saying as serious.
It just looks that way.
There have been no talks of a trade to either WA club.

I think Marsh is assuming that he will get delisted or something?
I think he is even willing to throw away his AFL career?
Don't take what I am saying as serious.
It just looks that way.
There have been no talks of a trade to either WA club.

Yes I am just speculating that if we are even half a chance of getting him to change his mind in a years time (or maybe even sooner!!) then maybe we can rookie list him. I was just wondering if the rules allowed him to play WAFL if we did that.

It's not about the club.

I would be very happy with that outcome, and really happy for the club to do whats right be the kid.
I wouldn't be delisting him (unless we can get some sort of garauntee that another AFL club can't pick him up for free) but would be giving him as much time as he needs at home in the hope that things turn around. If it means rookie-ing him for the year then so be it.

We put 3 years of development into him only for him to leave after 15 ordinary games.

I'm not sure there is too much to be grateful for at this point
Fair comment, doesn't mean he "shouldn't" have left, likely had good reasons but still nothing much to be grateful for since the club got very little return.
Hopefully he is grateful for the development and money he got.

+ there was that small matter of fixing the state economy
And who let in the pokies into Victoria.
Was it Joan Kirner? I think so.

So all sides to good and bad things.

Too much barracking on one side or the other, good and bad both sides of the domain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Jerry, gold!!!

We should create a sticky thread consisting solely of game changing retorts, with this as the first. Maybe we can call it "The G. Constanza - the jerk store called, they're running out of you!".

IMG_0616.JPG

images

And who let in the pokies into Victoria.
Was it Joan Kirner? I think so.

No, that was Kennett

So all sides to good and bad things.

Too much barracking on one side or the other, good and bad both sides of the domain.

Totally agreed :thumbsu:

This is probably very simplistic but any chance of bringing his brother down? He won't play in a fully fit Sydney team. I believe he's on the rookie list too, so shouldn't be too expensive. Think he might actually be delisted by Sydney... he's on his second contract. Not sure how long the contract is.

189cms, Mid-Def. He couldn't be any worse than Golds. All I see is positives.

This is probably very simplistic but any chance of bringing his brother down? He won't play in a fully fit Sydney team. I believe he's on the rookie list too, so shouldn't be too expensive. Think he might actually be delisted by Sydney... he's on his second contract. Not sure how long the contract is.

189cms, Mid-Def. He couldn't be any worse than Golds. All I see is positives.

Can "not being worse than Golds" please never become a standard for recruits

Remove this Banner Ad

Back