List Mgmt. Marsh going home for personal reasons

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
So is Marsh is leaving Victoria because Kirner and Kennet ruined it?

West Coast or Freo would be mad not to take him for a late pick (5th rounder!!!). We have an obligation to do the right thing by him in this circumstance. He's gone.

Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The Exers
This is probably very simplistic but any chance of bringing his brother down? He won't play in a fully fit Sydney team. I believe he's on the rookie list too, so shouldn't be too expensive. Think he might actually be delisted by Sydney... he's on his second contract. Not sure how long the contract is.

189cms, Mid-Def. He couldn't be any worse than Golds. All I see is positives.
I wouldnt be any worse than Golds but I still dont hold any hope of being drafted this year.

Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The Exers
From where I sit, asking to go to a WA club was an afterthought. Sounds like hes not too fussed if he plays local footy in the WAFL.
Makes you wonder why he didnt ask Collingwood for extended leave. 4-6months to clear his head.

*Edit - I guess if he doesnt get a trade it could still happen

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Makes you wonder why he didnt ask Collingwood for extended leave. 4-6months to clear his head.

As stated by others hope we rookie list him if we even a remote chance of getting him to change his mind. We wasted two rookie spots on Thomas and Keeffe, surely we can spare one for Marsh!

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
We should certainly give him the option to either remain or go. But long term it's hard to see how it wouldn't be an ongoing significant risk for both the club and for him; if he remained.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
1. Closing institutions was bipartisan policy and in the main it was a good thing that the institutions were closed.
2. Homelessness for all people including those who have schizophrenia has little to do with closing institutions
3. Kennet did not cut funding to Mental Health per se compared to other areas
4. Kennet cut the phuk out of disability services - I will not forgive him for this
5. The community mental health sector grew
6. The issue with homelessness is more related to governments (particularly state & federal & particularly the libs)is directly related to cutting & underfunding public housing.

I agree with your view that "it doesn't atone for the damage done as premier when he was in the position to do good".

Effectively cut funding by stealth, didn't grow funding to match CPI, still took a productivity dividend.

Worked in the disability sector at the time and it was horrendous.

doodles98

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did we manage to establish the causal link between the policies of the Kirner-Kennet era and Marsh's depression?

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did we manage to establish the causal link between the policies of the Kirner-Kennet era and Marsh's depression?
not sure we're there yet....
But there are scholars working on it and thesis should be completed in about five years

I think everyone just got confused when people said we were headed for a depression.

*Edit - I guess if he doesnt get a trade it could still happen

When a person is going through a dark patch it might be difficult to see light at the end of the tunnel. If that was the case with Marsh he was unlikely to have any optimism that he would be right in that time frame. The guy just wants out by the looks of it. It's sad.

DRIZZT

All Australian
Jul 17, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is probably very simplistic but any chance of bringing his brother down? He won't play in a fully fit Sydney team. I believe he's on the rookie list too, so shouldn't be too expensive. Think he might actually be delisted by Sydney... he's on his second contract. Not sure how long the contract is.

189cms, Mid-Def. He couldn't be any worse than Golds. All I see is positives.
I read on the wend that harry had re-signed for another 2yrs so i doubt thats an option

Because our additions have been average at best and Marsh was one of our most promising young defenders

The trade period hasnit finished yet and the draft hasn't even begun.

Back