AFL Toast Marsh Series 1: 8 point win over West Coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst Pidge had a great game, I'd like to see a bit more composure. He would often slam the ball on the boot instead of looking to release by hand or move himself - could be a lack of talk though.

Spread of goal kickers we had was great. If our defenders are returned - Hooker, Ambrose, Saad, McKenna - it becomes more challenging for WC forwards again, even if Darling plays. The bulk of their goals coming through Kennedy isn't always a good thing. We'd have to be confident we can take them again.

I got what I wanted to see out of the game and that was decent pressure all over the ground. We are going to have issues as far as our lack of marking power goes and with the injuries the defence may be under pressure at times with the young blokes but if we can keep up our pressure and work on our delivery then we can be okay. The team defence held up pretty well overall.

Spread of goal kickers we had was great. If our defenders are returned - Hooker, Ambrose, Saad, McKenna - it becomes more challenging for WC forwards again, even if Darling plays. The bulk of their goals coming through Kennedy isn't always a good thing. We'd have to be confident we can take them again.
Which part is the funny part?
That we had a decent spread of goals across the team and you didn't?
That we'll be a stronger team when our best defenders return?
That we can take some confidence from the performance?
Either I don't get the joke or you've got a weird sense of humour.

This is so funny to read considering you quoted yourself

You tell him!

I've posted twice in this thread. Once before the game tipping an Essendon win and 2nd time after the game saying there were a lot of things that looked improved on 2019 from an Essendon point of view.

It's a great win for you guys, especially considering that most people aren't expecting much from you this year.

I'd love to see the bombers in the finals again and break their finals losing streak. Woosha has done a lot for the bombers in his time there. It would be a nice way for him to go out.

My reaction was based on the idea that JK kicking 6 goals is somehow a bad thing. If he had kicked 3, I still would have been extremely happy with his performance. The effects of a full pre-season were apparent on Thursday night. From our perspective there was a lot of positive signs from JK, Tim Kelly and Nic Nat. Given the quality of players who were outs for us, overall I thought it was a positive performance, and can see why many are tipping us as contenders/front runners for the flag this year.

Last edited:
Go easy on yourself mate

I've posted twice in this thread. Once before the game tipping an Essendon win and 2nd time after the game saying there were a lot of things that looked improved on 2019 from an Essendon point of view.

It's a great win for you guys, especially considering that most people aren't expecting much from you this year.

I'd love to see the bombers in the finals again and break their finals losing streak. Woosha has done a lot for the bombers in his time there. It would be a nice way for him to go out.

My reaction was based on the idea that JK kicking 6 goals is somehow a bad thing. If he had kicked 3, I still would have been extremely happy with his performance. The effects of a full pre-season were apparent on Thursday night. From our perspective there was a lot of positive signs from JK, Tim Kelly and Nic Nat. Given the quality of players who were outs for us, overall I thought it was a positive performance, and can see why many are tipping us as contenders/front runners for the flag this year.
I don't think having Kennedy is a bad thing at all. I'm suggesting that without Joe Dan we've found multiple goal kickers. With him would obviously be better because he would open up space. If you had a good spread of goal kickers you'd love that too. As it is, you didn't the other night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think having Kennedy is a bad thing at all. I'm suggesting that without Joe Dan we've found multiple goal kickers. With him would obviously be better because he would open up space. If you had a good spread of goal kickers you'd love that too. As it is, you didn't the other night.

That's because we have Key Position forwards, and only one of them played on Thursday night.

Kennedy (6)
Waterman (3)
Petrucelle (1)
Williams (1)
Kelly (1)
Ah Chee (1)

Considering Darling and Oscar Allen didn't play, that's a pretty good spread if you ask me. Those goal scorers don't include regular goal kickers in Cripps and Ryan.

Anyway, good luck for the season- I thought Mosquito was really exciting, good prospect you have there.

Why do you keep posting about how good West Coast was in a game they lost? If you want to see signs of people caring maybe return to your own board to post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back