Preview Marsh Series 1: West Coast vs Essendon, Mineral Resources Park, Thursday 27/02/20 @ 7:40PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
Its only 2 months away thank god - the cricket is putting me to sleep...!! We play WCoast first up over in Perth which is always tough, followed by Geelong a couple of weeks later in Colac. Not the easiest pre-season games but it will be good to test ourselves against some of the stronger teams...Pretty sure each team gets to field 26 players - I'd like to see a mix of old and new players and a team something like;-

Francis Ambrose Redman
Gleeson Margaret McKenna
Cutler Merrett Snelling
Langford Stringer Townsend
Laverde McKernan Tippa

Phillips Heppell Hibberd

Bench from: McGrath Parish Guelfi Clarke Begley Ham Ridley Smith

Anyone else have any thoughts on what they'd like to see here?

Last edited:

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Its only 2 months away thank god - the cricket is putting me to sleep...!! We play WCoast first up over in Perth which is always tough, followed by Geelong a couple of weeks later in Colac. Not the easiest pre-season games but it will be good to test ourselves against some of the stronger teams...Pretty sure each team gets to field 26 players - I'd like to see a mix of old and new players and a team something like;-

Francis Ambrose Redman
Gleeson Margaret McKenna
Cutler Merrett Snelling
Laverde McKernan Tippa

Phillips Heppell Hibberd

I'd like Truck to coach both games.

Pre-season games make me nervous, though I realise they're a necessary evil. I'm nervous about Smith, Stringer and AMT in your line up. Smith and Stringer will be better for the run. Walla... I wish we didn't need to.

Jul 20, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon

Francis Ambrose Redman
Gleeson Margaret McKenna
Cutler Merrett Snelling
Laverde McKernan Tippa

Phillips Heppell Hibberd

Don't mind that list, want to see Cutler, Hibberd, Phillips and Townsend get a run to see how they play with the side, and Devon to blow the cobwebs off a bit. Don't necessarily need to see wins, just consistency in effort and team driven chains of play.

vass44

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Will be moved to Feb 27 with State of Origin game being played on Feb 28

Is it confirmed it will be moved?
Also you’d think WCoast will field lots of players in the state of origin clash where as we will not have many if any players (ZMerrett maybe?) Regardless we should now have a much stronger squad for this pre season game...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back