Preview Marsh Series 1: West Coast vs Essendon, Mineral Resources Park, Thursday 27/02/20 @ 7:40PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it confirmed it will be moved?
Also you’d think WCoast will field lots of players in the state of origin clash where as we will not have many if any players (ZMerrett maybe?) Regardless we should now have a much stronger squad for this pre season game...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Players are capped at 3 per club for the SoO game, so it’ll basically just be removing 2-3 of our best players and 2-3 of theirs.

Mar 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tassie Devils
Is it confirmed it will be moved?
Also you’d think WCoast will field lots of players in the state of origin clash where as we will not have many if any players (ZMerrett maybe?) Regardless we should now have a much stronger squad for this pre season game...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Seems to be confirmed from that article. Mock team on AFL site has Saad, Hurley and Merrett in the team but who knows if that will be the case. Probably will depend a bit who the clubs want to let play I guess...

If Hepp was willing to lose the hair, then a few players from each club running around for a couple hours really isn't asking too much ;) .

No issues with Gil on this one.
well why dont you go marry him if you love him so much.

Minerals Resources Park! There's an organic and not at all corporate themed name, I love it.
Technically inorganic actually.

Players I would like to see feature in this match (if fit):

Defence: McBride, McQuillan, BZT, Francis, Ridley
Midfield: Clarke, Mutch, Cutler, Snelling, Smith, Ham, Bryan
Forward: Jones, Stewart, Fantasia, Mosquito, Cahill

I think there's 8 on the bench? Either way, just hoping for a good showing.

Is anyone else absolutely chomping at the bit to see some Footy? I've been so bored lately that I've almost contemplated going outside.

....almost.
Not really. I'm pretty happy with the cricket.

Jul 20, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Is anyone else absolutely chomping at the bit to see some Footy? I've been so bored lately that I've almost contemplated going outside.

....almost.

You're telling me....I had to go on a business trip to India with 3 QLDers and a Kiwi last week....footy was pretty low on any sports related discussions.

EDIT: AND a New South Welshman now that I recall. Far out.

Last edited:

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
We are getting close to this now....but I think we will be a fair way from a full strength team. Hoping for something like;-

Francis Ambrsoe Saad
Gleeson Margaret Fanta
Cutrler Shiel MgGrath
Townsend Laverde Smith
McKernan Stringer Snelling

Phillips Parish Merrett

Bench from: Guelfi Ham Clarke Begley Jones Redman Langford Ridley

Comon Dons!

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
Whoops forgot - Saad wont play because he's playing for the Big V the following night. How good is next week going to be - this game Thursday night followed by the state of origin on the Friday - great to have footy back!

I've had my mandatory time away from the game and I'm getting jazzed for it again.

Pretty keen to see my boy Harry Jones kick 10.
In the first quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back