Game Day Marsh Series - Carlton v Fremantle Saturday 29 Feb 7.10pm (EST) @ David Grays Arena

Remove this Banner Ad

Really am excited to see this line up get on the field.
In particular Docherty, Newnes, Martin, De Koning, Williamson, Philp, Pittonet and Moore.
Not so sure about the wifey being excited but meh to that!!!
Is it just me, but if they line up like that, I’m stuffed why Cuners starts on the bench ahead of, say, Lang. Maybe Cuners is really marked as more of a mid this year as many are noticing from training drills and match sims etc

Is it just me, but if they line up like that, I’m stuffed why Cuners starts on the bench ahead of, say, Lang. Maybe Cuners is really marked as more of a mid this year as many are noticing from training drills and match sims etc
Could purely be a 'load' thing...

Pretty sure windows1 reckons he has only been training with the midfield group, not the forwards.

Pretty sure windows1 reckons he has only been training with the midfield group, not the forwards.

If Cunners can stay fit for the best part of two years, I reckon he slots perfectly into our midfield ahead of a few fancied names (SPS, Fisher, Dow etc.), unless those same names significantly ramp up their output. Between now and then, though, I think Cunners plays slightly more forward than mid, trending more towards midfield the more continuity he gets.

Great complementary skillset to partner up with Cripps, Walsh, Setters, Ed, Murph.

All about the continuity though, because if he keeps missing chunks of games he'll stagnate.

Perhaps it is because it is 2020 not 1960.

That is one I'd heard, there's also the one where he's back in 2 weeks. All kinds of rumours on Hogan, I'm sure some of it is true and some of crap but its impossible to tell which.

There is nothing locked in yet so all we can do is wait and pray by some miracle we don't lose any more talls in the mean time

Cheers mate.

If Cunners can stay fit for the best part of two years, I reckon he slots perfectly into our midfield ahead of a few fancied names (SPS, Fisher, Dow etc.), unless those same names significantly ramp up their output. Between now and then, though, I think Cunners plays slightly more forward than mid, trending more towards midfield the more continuity he gets.

Great complementary skillset to partner up with Cripps, Walsh, Setters, Ed, Murph.

All about the continuity though, because if he keeps missing chunks of games he'll stagnate.
Yeah I’ve said before that if Cunners can stay on the park he would be the perfect replacement for Murph when he hangs up his boots, let’s hope he gets a good run at it this year and doesn’t have any stupid little injury concerns as his talent is undeniable.

“If they line up like that”, read post again Macca. Fully aware they may not line up as selected
It isn't about where they line up is the point, players that start on the bench play the same game time as those who start on the ground and are generally on inside the first few minutes.

It isn't like in 1960 where a player named on the bench might only get on half way through the last quarter.

It isn't about where they line up is the point, players that start on the bench play the same game time as those who start on the ground and are generally on inside the first few minutes.

It isn't like in 1960 where a player named on the bench might only get on half way through the last quarter.

Oops, silly me expecting Cuners to come on half way through the last quarter 😊. Whatever, hope he tears it up, like the lad, always a gent at club functions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be a long shot regardless of whether Cuningham plays some good games early on.
His ball-finding radar would have had to have a large boost for that to become the case.....it's nice to think but it's highly unlikely.

That would be a long shot regardless of whether Cuningham plays some good games early on.
His ball-finding radar would have had to have a large boost for that to become the case.....it's nice to think but it's highly unlikely.

Very different players.

Dow is different too, but he's more likely to become our Murphy centre square replacement.

Very different players.

Dow is different too, but he's more likely to become our Murphy centre square replacement.

When Cuningham hits the contest at full tilt and exits with ball in hand, it looks outstanding.
Those moments though are few and far in between. He's no Dangerfield and Dow does it better.

That's not to say he can't play an important role, but on my observations...I wouldn't have him as that player we're thinking he could be...Fisher and Dow yes....Cuningham? Not so much.

I thought he only played a quarter or so after not doing a lot on the training track?? Maybe I read wrongly...

I’ll certainly defer to your good self on all matters Plow though

Not sure how long he played. Can't remember when he went off. You may be right. Windows1 did comment on his training loads but I also forgot what he wrote too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back