Game Day Marsh Series - Carlton v Fremantle Saturday 29 Feb 7.10pm (EST) @ David Grays Arena

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t you lot have lives??

Game doesn’t start until 7.10pm and already 12 pages in this thread.

I’m looking forward to see our structures behind the ball, not too concerned forward of the ball as the personal aren’t their (Gov, Eddie, H, Charlie)

Also being in WA I don’t obviously get to training so looking forward to going “wow he has been in the gym”

Hope it’s a good game, my new partner of a few months is coming, never been to a footy match and I spent most of the women’s match on tv last week explaining the scoring system in footy 🤦‍♂️, that was the first match they’d watched.

Is polygamy legal in WA???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rightio, have managed to keep the universe running for another day......so.

Roast chook -
of (Carlton Dry tonight’s Weapon of choice) -
Bell Peppers -
Ridiculously hot salami -
Menthols -
Kernahan - on.

Go do that voodoo, that you do Blues.

Peppers roasted ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Late change:-

IN: Sturgess
OUT: Plow (soreness)

TRAIN-ON player Ryan Sturgess will feature for Carlton in tonight’s Marsh Community Series opener.

Sturgess will join Callum Moore in the clash with Fremantle, with the duo announced as two of the four players training with the Blues.
Sturgess will replace Lachie Plowman in the line-up: the versatile defender will miss due to soreness.

My expectations of tonight.
Doch---Get through unscathed and play well.
Setterfield---Best afield, playing mainly in the guts.
Cunners---To play mainly across half-forward and kick 2 or 3.
Martin---To show us his class and kick 4.
JSOS---To spend a fair bit of the game on the ball and kick a couple.
Willo---To continue his good form.
TDK---To be a target and take some big grabs. Kick 3 or 4.
Fish---Great to see you back kid. Show us your speed and cleverness.

Just on the above post -

The ball movement has been practised all pre-season and it seems that 'back yourself and attack' will be our default mechanism.

Level of intent - I think Teague spelled that out, as the way we train will be the way we play.
Interesting to see the way it goes, but given recent weeks, I expect we won't be taking things easy and rightly so.

From what i can tell i feel that pretty much all teams/players are taking the pre-season games relatively seriously since you only get 2 these days.

The main difference from the real season being giving younger & fringe players more of a run and not risking any player that even has a slight injury concern.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back