Game Day Marsh Series Game 2 v GWS at Robertson Oval Wagga Wagga March 8th 12.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Our chaotic game style is what makes us so damn good, why would you want to rely less on that.
cameron sniping our little blokes like lambert and bakes..... would like to see him try that dirty not looking stuff with caddy, nank or big dave asburgers.
He’s one of those clumsy campaigners that needs to be taught a lesson , he does it too often , buddy started getting done for same stuff , recall one on Ben cuz , similar but with forearm , got a week or two

He’s one of those clumsy campaigners that needs to be taught a lesson , he does it too often , buddy started getting done for same stuff , recall one on Ben cuz , similar but with forearm , got a week or two
Not clumsy, leads with knees to hurt someone. Should get a least a week.

Not clumsy, leads with knees to hurt someone. Should get a least a week.

I think there are only two realistic choices with this Cameron attack on Lambert. Deliberate high impact high contact = 3 weeks. Or Careless high impact high contact = two weeks.

The fact Lamborghini suffered concussion and didn’t return to the field I think makes this high impact at least, and contact was definitely with the head, so high contact. I am guessing a bit but perhaps severe impact is reserved for broken jaws and the like. So high impact looks pretty right to me.

Then it comes down to Cameron’s conduct. Was it deliberate, careless or accidental? I think accidental is out of the question as he deliberately leaves his feet and leads with his knees heading in the direction of a player’s head, where the player has gone to ground to effect a knock on. Contact is late, clearly after the ball has been knocked away. Cameron has a clear option to shape to tackle Lambert in the event the latter takes possession of the ball. He instead chooses to go to his knees with knees certain to make contact with Lambert. This cannot be considered accidental. The fact there is at first some hint of an arm touching Lambert in a feigned attempt to tackle may be what saves Cameron from a deliberate ruling here. The action of leading with the knees at top speed is not safe and cannot be allowed against a player in Lambert’s position.

I am going with high impact, careless conduct, high contact and two match suspension. And Cameron is lucky he hasn’t broken a jaw and got severe impact and 3+ weeks from an automatic visit to the tribunal.

I think there are only two realistic choices with this Cameron attack on Lambert. Deliberate high impact high contact = 3 weeks. Or Careless high impact high contact = two weeks.

The fact Lamborghini suffered concussion and didn’t return to the field I think makes this high impact at least, and contact was definitely with the head, so high contact. I am guessing a bit but perhaps severe impact is reserved for broken jaws and the like. So high impact looks pretty right to me.

Then it comes down to Cameron’s conduct. Was it deliberate, careless or accidental? I think accidental is out of the question as he deliberately leaves his feet and leads with his knees heading in the direction of a player’s head, where the player has gone to ground to effect a knock on. Contact is late, clearly after the ball has been knocked away. Cameron has a clear option to shape to tackle Lambert in the event the latter takes possession of the ball. He instead chooses to go to his knees with knees certain to make contact with Lambert. This cannot be considered accidental. The fact there is at first some hint of an arm touching Lambert in a feigned attempt to tackle may be what saves Cameron from a deliberate ruling here. The action of leading with the knees at top speed is not safe and cannot be allowed against a player in Lambert’s position.

I am going with high impact, careless conduct, high contact and two match suspension. And Cameron is lucky he hasn’t broken a jaw and got severe impact and 3+ weeks from an automatic visit to the tribunal.
Cameron has prior form for clumsy accidental contact with opponents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron has prior form for clumsy accidental contact with opponents.

He does indeed. But that isn’t supposed to come into the MRO’s deliberations. I thought it was very poor by Cameron, extremely dangerous and really for mine just thinking on it instinctively it should be a 3 or 4 week sabbatical for him. Driving a knee near top speed into the face(or any other part but especially the face) of a player lying unprotected on the ground is no laughing matter.

I often think when players do extremely dangerous acts that they should be de-registered for a minimum time, in this case say 4 weeks, after which to resume they should need to show cause why they should be re-registered and convince the AFL that they won’t do anything dangerous or antagonistic again. Barry Hall smashing Staker, Toby Greene karate kicking people in the ribs and face, these sort of incidents should attract that treatment. Sam Mitchell kneeing people in the quads, Ben Stratton pinching people behind play....

He does indeed. But that isn’t supposed to come into the MRO’s deliberations. I thought it was very poor by Cameron, extremely dangerous and really for mine just thinking on it instinctively it should be a 3 or 4 week sabbatical for him. Driving a knee near top speed into the face(or any other part but especially the face) of a player lying unprotected on the ground is no laughing matter.

I often think when players do extremely dangerous acts that they should be de-registered for a minimum time, in this case say 4 weeks, after which to resume they should need to show cause why they should be re-registered and convince the AFL that they won’t do anything dangerous or antagonistic again. Barry Hall smashing Staker, Toby Greene karate kicking people in the ribs and face, these sort of incidents should attract that treatment. Sam Mitchell kneeing people in the quads, Ben Stratton pinching people behind play....

lambert should donate his brain to science too

Or the AFL could just remember he's the poster boy for their love child and ignore the whole thing.

CCJ will push Soldo out imo.
Nank and CCJ combo is more flexible.
I also hope Higgins push’s George out by round 5-6
Can’t see a CCJ soldo combo , too similar with low possie , I expect nank to come in and pair one and it might be CCJ who shaded soldo yesterday

My Round 1 22 after the end of our marsh games

B: Vlastuin Astbury Short
HB: Houli Grimes Broad
C: Caddy Prestia Edwards
HF: Rioli Riewoldt Bolton
FF: Martin Lynch Castagna
Foll: Soldo Cotchin Pickett
int: Stack Lambert CCJ Baker
So 2 changes from last years premiership team, Stack for Ellis, CCJ for Nank.
Others to join Nank in putting heat on for positions early this year will be Graham, Ross, MacIntosh, Higgins.
Hopefully during the year Balta, RCD, Chol and Naish can join the above in pushing for a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back