Game Day Marsh Series- Matchday Discussion St Kilda@Collingwood(Morwell Reserve - 3:50PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

As TD says it's not just Adams, that's not excusing it. I don't see Adams disposal becoming consistently reliable, however his role is not disposal reliant like our outside receivers or forwards. He's a see ball get ball player and he's required to stay inside the coalface that's where he's most serviceable. It was immediately evident from all reports when he went off yesterday.

When he's not in there it hurts us, I'd like to see Adams used like he was in 2018. Ideally he indirectly compliments the forwards by winning it in the hard stuff that makes it easier for our outside receivers who directly influence how our forwards perform.
Nailed it.

Nailed it.

And that's the frustrating part, for a team that is less personnel reliant than any other team (or shouldn't be) - Adams is the one personnel that is key to how we ply our game.

Yeah ok his disposal in time and space is not ideal but that's not his one wood, his one wood is winning the ball at the coalface. Until such time as a Wills or Sier can reach the combative level we need him in there.

And that's the frustrating part, for a team that is less personnel reliant than any other team (or shouldn't be) - Adams is the one personnel that is key to how we ply our game.

Yeah ok his disposal in time and space is not ideal but that's not his one wood, his one wood is winning the ball at the coalface. Until such time as a Wills or Sier can reach the combative level we need him in there.
I don't know. My One wood is exactly like his kicking. Sprayed here and there. Maybe like me he needs a driving iron? :think:

I get the impression that you think Collingwood were running a stronger side, they weren't. You can skew any way you wish but it won't make it so. The saints fielded more of their best 22 than what the Pies did.
Wtf are you talking about? He’s a Collingwood poster. When he says ‘we’ he means Collingwood. You’re literally trying to argue with a bloke/lady that’s furiously agreeing with you...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon you've got to hone your golfing analogies. As the saying goes, you drive for show and you put for dough. We don't need to know about his one wood, we need to know about his putter.

We have put weaker sides out on the park during the past 2 seasons, we were somewhat close to full strength. But it was just a practice game, saints fans can blow their loads if they wish we will still probably smash them during the season

I'e just watched a replay of the game, and I have to withdraw my comment about Elliott. He was, in fact, very active on the ball in the first half. I don't know why I thought he didn't do much. No excuse, but I was definitely wrong.

I don't know. My One wood is exactly like his kicking. Sprayed here and there. Maybe like me he needs a driving iron? :think:

He often tries to kick the skin of the ball while trying hit a risky low bullet pass into the corridor.

In golf speak it’s like hitting driver on a narrow tee shot with water on one side and out of bounds on the other. He just needs to exercise some better judgement, just hit an easy 3w and stay in play.

Classic example is 2018 GF where he tried to hit Stephenson in the corridor when he was outnumbered 4 on 1, 5 on 1 if you include our runner. Wasn’t a smart option and he shanked the kick which resulted in a goal.

The better teams don’t really play in these games how they would in the season, they use it as a trial for other ideas they have.
Cannot take form, game plan, as a guide at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back