Oppo Camp Marsh Series - Other games.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Marsh series begins tomorrow. The teams has been announced.

St Kilda v Hawthorn, RSEA Park, 7.10pm AEDT

ST KILDA

B:
D.Howard 20 C.Wilkie 44 N.Coffield 1
HB: J.Carlisle 2 H.Clark 11 B.Long 21
C: J.Billings 15 S.Ross 6 B.Hill 8
HF: J.Sinclair 35 P.Ryder 18 D.Butler 16
F: T.Membrey - C 28 J.Lonie 13 M.King 12
Foll: R.Marshall 19 J.Gresham 4 J.Steele 9
I/C: J.Marsh 43 R.Abbott 27 S.Savage 5 D.McKenzie 36 J.Battle 26 B.Paton 33 L.Dunstan 7 D.Kent 25

Emerg: J.Bytel 23 D.Joyce 39 R.Byrnes 31 D.Langlands 46

Squad: D.Howard, C.Wilkie, N.Coffield, J.Carlisle, H.Clark, B.Long, J.Billings, S.Ross, B.Hill, J.Sinclair, P.Ryder, D.Butler, T.Membrey, J.Lonie, M.King, R.Marshall, J.Gresham, J.Steele, J.Marsh, R.Abbott, S.Savage, D.McKenzie, B.Paton, J.Battle, L.Dunstan, D.Kent

HAWTHORN

B:
B.Stratton - C 24 J.Frawley 12 D.Greaves 44
HB: S.Frost 8 B.McEvoy 7 H.Morrison 1
C: I.Smith 16 L.Shiels 26 R.Henderson 31
HF: O.Hanrahan 41 M.Lewis 2 T.O'Brien 23
F: L.Breust 22 J.Patton 25 P.Puopolo 28
Foll: J.Ceglar 18 J.O'Meara 10 J.Worpel 5
I/C: C.Jiath 29 C.Wingard 20 M.Walker 33 T.Mitchell 3 J.Cousins 46 D.Minchington 38 B.Hardwick 15 T.Scully 21

Emerg: M.Hartley 27 C.Glass 13 C.Nash 11 H.Jones 40

Squad: B.Stratton, J.Frawley, D.Greaves, S.Frost, B.McEvoy, H.Morrison, I.Smith, L.Shiels, R.Henderson, O.Hanrahan, M.Lewis, T.O'Brien, L.Breust, J.Patton, P.Puopolo, J.Ceglar, J.O'Meara, J.Worpel, C.Jiath, C.Wingard, M.Walker, T.Mitchell, D.Minchington, J.Cousins, B.Hardwick, T.Scully

Pattons' first game in what over a year? Good ol Jono Marsh playing. Max King's first real hitout. Official capacity.

St Kilda look quite different to last year.

Patton is another good speculative buy by the hawks. They made some clangers but a list of 40 must surely be able to fit a couple of guys with talent but who have a history of injuries or are headcases. The trick is to get em young enough to get some value from them. Patton is 25. Scully is 28 so he must have been about 27 when he transferred. O'Meara 25 now. It's not rocket science. There is a risk that they might just go back to injury but at least you know that they've reached AFL level.

Just got home from marvel. Went and watched the north v dogs game.

Things to take out.

North just have no defense, and lack composure. Dropping marks. They couldn't mark inside 50 to save their lives. But they did manage goals on the run.
Dogs. Wow. Even without naughton. his replacement kicked 3, probably should have been a couple more.
It was good to see Majek back.
Marley is a tool.
Bont was classy, managed a goal himself.
They managed goal from everywhere.
Their fast lightning quick ball movement. They have a great midfield. Clearances galore.

Dogs worry me. They are improving every week. If their round 1 is anything to go by, and they played without Naughton, Wood, Bruce, English, Libba; it's not gonna be easy.

Things to take out.

North just have no defense, and lack composure. Dropping marks. They couldn't mark inside 50 to save their lives. But they did manage goals on the run.
Dogs. Wow. Even without naughton. his replacement kicked 3, probably should have been a couple more.
Marley is a tool.
Their fast lightning quick ball movement. They have a great midfield. Clearances galore.

Dogs worry me. They are improving every week. If their round 1 is anything to go by, and they played without Naughton, Wood, Bruce, English, Libba; it's not gonna be easy.

Bont was on another level. Dogs midfield will be real good for sure. I think their backline is pretty suspect though tbh, I don’t think they will be able to stop our forwards. Beating them in the midfield will definitely be a challenge

Things to take out.

Marley is a tool.

I think you are right about the Dogs and Really if the Pies cannot win which I feel then probably I would like the Dogs to win. They have some very good young talent and I think young English will be rivaling Grundy and Gawn and they will be a match for Richmond also and unfortunately I see Carlton improving also,feeling very pessimystic about our chances this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's in doubt but not ruled out.

Was at Marvel last night (up in Melbourne for the weekend for a job interview - I got the job!). Bont was an absolute freak.
I was behind the player's bench
Congrats on the job!

Can't believe this WCE vs Essendon game is just at the Eagles' training ground right in the middle of Perth. Literally like us playing at Olympic Park oval.

Here I was thinking the idea of the "community series" was to take the game where it doesn't normally go.
And they spent 60M on these facilities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back