Norm De Guerre

Left of the dial.
Mar 27, 2004
Sharpening Occums Razor
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Australian Farnarkling XI
Why for are they playing this practice match at Marvel and not a suburban or regional ground like Idk... Ballarat?

Seems a pretty weird anomaly when aside from a game at Metricon on Saturday every other game is at either a suburban or regional ground.

Even the GWS V Sydney game is out in the wilds of Rooty Hill.

Spiritof82

Club Legend
Jan 8, 2004
S**tny, the cesspit of OZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Why for are they playing this practice match at Marvel and not a suburban or regional ground like Idk... Ballarat?

Seems a pretty weird anomaly when aside from a game at Metricon on Saturday every other game is at either a suburban or regional ground.

The two Plastics supporters may come from Rooty Hill so they wanted to save them travel time

MYOB

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Aces

Rugby is on at Ballarat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pugz89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Don't know where to put it, but there is a members only scratch match at VUWO on Feb 29. Two 30min halves, starting around 9.15am. Must show membership card to gain access. Bont, Macrae and JJ obviously won't be playing though.

Virgin Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I know preseason games are meaningless and not reflective of how the season will go, but it's gonna feel pretty bad to lose this week considering how many of North's best players are missing - Tarrant, Brown, Ziebell, Polec, Higgins plus more

Pugz89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I know preseason games are meaningless and not reflective of how the season will go, but it's gonna feel pretty bad to lose this week considering how many of North's best players are missing - Tarrant, Brown, Ziebell, Polec, Higgins plus more
So if they're meaningless and don't reflect the season, why will it feel bad? 😜 tbh, I'm just glad footy is back. All I want is no injuries and some exciting footy, don't care about results. We'll save the proper show for Good Friday.

Virgin Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So if they're meaningless and don't reflect the season, why will it feel bad? 😜 tbh, I'm just glad footy is back. All I want is no injuries and some exciting footy, don't care about results. We'll save the proper show for Good Friday.
Yeah that's what I'm saying, it's meaningless yet I still would hate to lose this so much :(
But yeah, get through with clean bill of health and can't complain too much

Golden_6

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
This is essentially a full strength squad barring a few minor precautions with injury.

Players missing from the 30 man squad:

English (Concussion)
Bruce (Back)
Libba (Knee)
Wood (Hamstring)
Suckling (Managed)
Duryea (Groin)
Jong (Hamstring)
Garcia (Knee)
Trengove
Greene
Gowers