Marsh Series - Round 1 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

career stats for comparison
Sam Lloyd 107 goals 64 behinds. 62.5% accuracy

Toby McLean. 54 goals 46 behinds. 54% accuracy

Tory Dickson. 181 goals 61 behinds. 74.7% accuracy

Clay Smith. 43 goals 28 behinds. 60.5% accuracy

Mitch Wallis. 76 goals 40 behinds. 65.5% accuracy

Gia. 331 goals 177 behinds. 65.1% accuracy.

Toby needs to kick more goals.

These numbers aren't a good way to compare without including the number of games played. I'd hazard a guess that Toby averages more goals per game than Wallis.

Deadeye Dickson's coming up to the end of his career and I wonder if someone else will develop that combination of output and accuracy that's anywhere near comparable. Love him.
Only bloke on our list capable of matching that accuracy is Schache. Currently sitting at 60% for his career, but he did manage a nice 75% accuracy this year

These numbers aren't a good way to compare without including the number of games played.
Agree. But then you have to make allowances for how many of those games were played as a forward or whether their brief was to stay outside the arc.

Agree. But then you have to make allowances for how many of those games were played as a forward or whether their brief was to stay outside the arc.

And the type of shot - snaps out of general play vs set shots, distance, etc. Agree there’s lots of variables to consider. To my naked eye, Bont seems to miss lots of easier shots, Lipinski seems to nail similar shots, as does Dale, Dickson is the most consistent set shot I’ve seen since Hudson (Paul), and Wallis also appears to consistently nail set shots.

These numbers aren't a good way to compare without including the number of games played. I'd hazard a guess that Toby averages more goals per game than Wallis.
McLean's average is 0.7 goals per game. Wallis 0.6. Considering Wallis spent much of his early career in the midfield it's not really a valid comparison.

Their career stats are pretty even in most categorys. Wallis edges Maclean out with clearances. Other than that they have marginal differences across the board.

Only bloke on our list capable of matching that accuracy is Schache. Currently sitting at 60% for his career, but he did manage a nice 75% accuracy this year
Wallis shades Schache currently for accuracy (someone posted some career stats earlier).
Schache is arguably our best "inside 50" kick though. If he does play higher up the ground as planned it could work for us.

Wallis shades Schache currently for accuracy (someone posted some career stats earlier).
Schache is arguably our best "inside 50" kick though. If he does play higher up the ground as planned it could work for us.
Yeah his 2018 was phenomenal for accuracy (20 goals, 3 behinds) but given how long his career already has been, it would be tough to bring the career average to a level close to Dickson's. Schache is still young enough.

From here on out, if we reset Wallis to 0, I have no doubt he could maintain a level at or above Dickson

Yeah his 2018 was phenomenal for accuracy (20 goals, 3 behinds) but given how long his career already has been, it would be tough to bring the career average to a level close to Dickson's. Schache is still young enough.

From here on out, if we reset Wallis to 0, I have no doubt he could maintain a level at or above Dickson

My boy also has the advantage of experience & natural awareness that he ends up in the spot of high percentage conversion chances.
Too many people have gone past him in the midfield, but if he can be a dangerous pressure forward there can be a spot for him in the 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back