Autopsy Marsh Series Week 1 - Gold Coast vs Geelong, Metricon Stadium, Saturday 22nd February

Remove this Banner Ad

Convinced about Cam? Interesting . I think in the latter half of last year CamG form was the best I had seen him play for years. My issue with him is inconsistency , his best is good enough imo.

Look at his finals performance against WC. Was easily B.O.G. Perfect example of the inconsistency you mentioned. Like many the gap between the best and worst is just too great. 10th year in the system this year, so how likely is he to close that gap if he hasn't been able to over the previous nine seasons?

Look at his finals performance against WC. Was easily B.O.G. Perfect example of the inconsistency you mentioned. Like many the gap between the best and worst is just too great. 10th year in the system this year, so how likely is he to close that gap if he hasn't been able to over the previous nine seasons?
He can improve his game by backing himself and taking it on,his 33 possessions in that final for 297 mtrs gained is 9 mtrs per possession it's not what's needed,more run carry, break the lines and spot up a forward needs to be his focus.

He can improve his game by backing himself and taking it on,his 33 possessions in that final for 297 mtrs gained is 9 mtrs per possession is not what's needed,more run carry, break the lines and spot up a forward needs to be his focus.
It depends on role meters gained isn't the be all end all

GEELONG LINE-UP

B:
J. Bews, M. Blicavs, J. Clark

HB: T. Stewart, H. Taylor, Z. Tuohy

C: J. Parsons, T. Atkins, Z. Guthrie

HF: G. Miers, E. Ratugolea, G. Rohan

F: B. Close, T. Hawkins, J. Jenkins

R: D. Fort, C. Guthrie, P. Dangerfield

I/C: R. Stanley, G. Ablett, B. Jarvis, C. Stephens,

C. Constable, Q. Narkle, J. Kennerley, L. Henderson

EMG: O. Brownless, J. Tarca, B. Schlensog,

C. Taheny

The backline looks fairly close to the standard but that centre line looks no name.
Wait, two rucks and three tall forwards? ..ok

It depends on role meters gained isn't the be all end all
That's been the problem with him now for years he doesn't seem to have a clearly defined roll other than occasionally a defensive mid role the rest of the time he runs around gathering uncontested possessions sending us backwards and sidewards with dinky little kicks or handballs,his 3 or so better games last season he took it on at stages and looked a better player for it.

Will be very interested in seeing how Atkins goes in the midfield tomorrow night
I'm all for giving Atkins a chance to press his case in the midfield. He won a VFL best and fairest in that position so he's no mug.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be very interested in seeing how Atkins goes in the midfield tomorrow night
I'm keen to see Parsons play in his correct (wing) position. Could be a revelation.
Along with Atkins and ZGuthrie, certainly a new look centre line.

Looking forward to seeing the lads play again tonight. I don't expect much from the club, especially while Scott is in charge, but this is the final year we'll see Gazza play so I want to enjoy every moment of him playing I can.
If you don't appreciate Scott, means the same for Scarlett and Enright. Those 2 are regarded as all time legends and immortals of our club, and they have backed him in.
I know it doesn't always work out having club legends in coaching roles for various reasons, but if they think enough of him to want to work under his regime, perhaps it means something.

If you don't appreciate Scott, means the same for Scarlett and Enright. Those 2 are regarded as all time legends and immortals of our club, and they have backed him in.
I know it doesn't always work out having club legends in coaching roles for various reasons, but if they think enough of him to want to work under his regime, perhaps it means something.

That doesn't mean anything. All coaches are judged on their results. Our recent finals results are putrid. Until that is corrected - and don't forget the massive role Scott played in some of those disasters - he's going to be judged on them. As he should be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back