Autopsy Marsh Series Week 1 - Gold Coast vs Geelong, Metricon Stadium, Saturday 22nd February

Remove this Banner Ad

tick tick tick
It's odd because he got a bit of attention from the club social media at the start of preseason, which is generally something that seems to indicated the coaching staff are happy with the player. Given the list of names bulletproof put together above, maybe he's being held over for the second game? But even as I type that it seems unlikely.

It's odd because he got a bit of attention from the club social media at the start of preseason, which is generally something that seems to indicated the coaching staff are happy with the player. Given the list of names bulletproof put together above, maybe he's being held over for the second game? But even as I type that it seems unlikely.

You know Jester everyone only gets so much time.

Missing From senior squad:
Henry
Dahlhaus
Steven
Fogarty
Selwood
Duncan
Kolo
Menegola
O’Connor
Cocky
Parfitt

I wonder how many of these are injured or not ready? I know a few have been in media with issue but a lot have not.

Fogarty? I think he will struggle to get games unless he has improved.Others seem to have more potential.

Always need more defenders, and slower is better 😉

might have something to do with the fact that JK might miss round 1 and Hendo is miles closer to best 22 than Schlensog.

Fogarty? I think he will struggle to get games unless he has improved.Others seem to have more potential.

fogarty kolo cocky and Duncan are all a while away with injuries.

Steven and selwood should be good for R1.

fogarty kolo cocky and Duncan are all a while away with injuries.

Steven and selwood should be good for R1.

Id be happy not to see either for till R5. They will come in and take someones spot. Its not R1 that they need to be right for, , its R23 or R24. When was the last time Joel was BOG in a final?

Play the kids, play names like Constable , Stephens or even Atkins. Close? There will be some like Zac Guthrie that better do it soon or else. Play them and let them swim or drown. I suspect we will bring in a name player at the end of this year to really add to our midfield group as our names get a bit older, it would push these fringes down again.

Parfitt has been on a modified program for the entire pre-season. I'm not sure he'll line up in round 1 either but it gives guys like Close, etc, a chance to push their case which is good for our depth.

Parfitt has been on a modified program for the entire pre-season. I'm not sure he'll line up in round 1 either but it gives guys like Close, etc, a chance to push their case which is good for our depth.
The more players we have pushing for selection and making the regulars really play for a spot the better we will be

i am quite happy for players to be filtered back in slowly once they are 100% and give young players a chance to sink or swim

Id be happy not to see either for till R5. They will come in and take someones spot. Its not R1 that they need to be right for, , its R23 or R24. When was the last time Joel was BOG in a final?

Play the kids, play names like Constable , Stephens or even Atkins. Close? There will be some like Zac Guthrie that better do it soon or else. Play them and let them swim or drown. I suspect we will bring in a name player at the end of this year to really add to our midfield group as our names get a bit older, it would push these fringes down again.
Close at 68kg,Zuthrie76kg and Simpson74kg,3 names mentioned in the last page or so they'd be bullied by the girls.You need real tricks to make it at that those weights in the AFL.Simpson is probably the closest to an AFL body of the 3 at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more players we have pushing for selection and making the regulars really play for a spot the better we will be

i am quite happy for players to be filtered back in slowly once they are 100% and give young players a chance to sink or swim
I agree.

I've been an avid critic of both the Guthrie's but I'm prepared to give them a chance this year, particularly Zac, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes too.

Close at 68kg,Zuthrie76kg and Simpson74kg,3 names mentioned in the last page or so they'd be bullied by the girls.You need real tricks to make it at that those weights in the AFL.Simpson is probably the closest to an AFL body of the 3 at this stage.
If have not seen Close so can not comment. ZG..have not seen him anywhere other than D... and playing against men and getting smashed around is what is sometime required to make someone aware of what they need. im think of those early games that players like Joel Corey got smashed by Brisbane.

Im not sure weight the girls would be, hard to judge. Do they release that info or does that make fuel for comments they would rather not see initiated.

No specific knowledge but my guess is there would be players who play well at those types of weights, its as you say..they need more feathers in the hat than the average cat.

Last edited:
I agree.

I've been an avid critic of both the Guthrie's but I'm prepared to give them a chance this year, particularly Zac, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes too.

I'm still not convinced about Cam, but contrarily, think there's 'something' about Zac.......whether 'it' is good enough for him to play AFL remains to be seen. Meantime, I'm ready for Cam to prove me wrong.

So like you, I'll be interested to see how their respective 2020 seasons pan out.

I agree.

The difficulty I find is that certain players have cons that over rules the less obvious pros in my eyes..but those pros are what others like about them. We all have our own biases. I can remember an argument I had with a mate once about Darren Morgan.

ZG playing in the middle, maybe its a chance for him to be a better player, maybe its starting to look at alternatives as there are no D spots for him. I suspect player like CooperS will just go past a few of these guys once he is match ready.

I'm still not convinced about Cam, but contrarily, think there's 'something' about Zac.......whether 'it' is good enough for him to play AFL remains to be seen. Meantime, I'm ready for Cam to prove me wrong.

So like you, I'll be interested to see how their respective 2020 seasons pan out.

Convinced about Cam? Interesting . I think in the latter half of last year CamG form was the best I had seen him play for years. My issue with him is inconsistency , his best is good enough imo.

If have not seen Close so can not comment. ZG..have not seen him anywhere other than D... and playing against men and getting smashed around is what is sometime required to make someone aware of what they need. im think of those early games that players like Joel Corey got smashed by Brisbane.

Im not sure weight the girls would be, hard to judge. Do they release that info or does that make fuel for comments they would rather not see initiated.

No specific knowledge but my guess is there would be players do we at those types of weights, its as you say..they need more feathers in the hat than the average cat.
I'm hopeing Close gets a good amount of game time tomorrow to give us a bit of a read on him,still very light for someone turning 22 this year.

Convinced about Cam? Interesting . I think in the latter half of last year CamG form was the best I had seen him play for years. My issue with him is inconsistency , his best is good enough imo.
Game time is poor at 70% average for a midfielder in his prime,wonder what's going on there?

His inconsistency is what leaves me questioning his ability to produce best form when needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back