Review Marsh Series Week 3: West Coast v Fremantle

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Have bagged crowden over the last couple of seasons on the basis that his kicking has been woeful having watched a fair bit of him at peel. Have been really impressed with his composure over the last two weeks has obviously put the work in and is paying off
Bewley on the other hand could run a 2 minute mile and still won't make it. Not sure why he doesn't get to more contests given his running ability but he doesn't
The biggest concern for the dockers going in to round 1 is that Taberner will be there first choice KPF
Not sure what you do give him 2-3 games but if he doesn't produce you have to move on because you have seen his best and it is not good enough to lead the forward line
there's like a 100 page thread called the Tarberner effect. You are either pro tabs it anti tabs. I am pro tabs.

Tarberner has kicked 75 goals from 71 games. Had time to get established. Even when at times he was the only available kpf not injured, he didn't get games at senior level.

Saying that..... Is he good enough to lead our forward line? Pit it this way, if he is Full Forward and is double teamed and he is goal less but it frees McCarthy or walters to kick 3-4 goals and Freo win, then that's fine.

I live by the face that sometimes it's just as good having 2 blokes kick 60 between them as one bloke kick 60 goals.

If Tarberner and McCarthy kick 30 goals each, well that's good

sumavich

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2006
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tabs still does stupid s**t, like holding the jumper in the ruck that gave vardy a free kick out of defence.
He's got to stop grabbing dudes, and just go for the ball imo
He'll need to start well, as Dixon is looking like the heir apparent

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Logue was definitely great but JJK is just as definitely past it.

Stand by what I said last week. Logue is going to monster teams as the 3rd.
Cuts both ways to be honest. Josh Kennedy is near the end of his career. Logue... Is entering his 4th year. Guy is tall enough to play CHB at 193 cm. Alex Pearce is always the 1st choice Full back. Hamling, Logue and Cox are all tall enough to play CHB.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tabs still does stupid s**t, like holding the jumper in the ruck that gave vardy a free kick out of defence.
Lol what? Tabs, who actually took some really good marks today, needs to start well, or the least fit player at our club could overtake him? Better chance of Gold Coast winning the flag this year than Dixon overtaking any of our forwards this year. He's constantly being spoken about needing to do more work and was literally delisted and rookied a few months ago. People take tabs hating way too far

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tabs has at least 4 goals in a game for Freo. Lobb and Dixon has not.

Again, Tarberner has kicked 75 goals from 71 games. If it wasn't for form and injuries he would of kicked at least 150 goals already.

Hell we had apeness for 6 years and his knees were wrecked with injury

Lol what? Tabs, who actually took some really good marks today, needs to start well, or the least fit player at our club could overtake him? Better chance of Gold Coast winning the flag this year than Dixon overtaking any of our forwards this year. He's constantly being spoken about needing to do more work and was literally delisted and rookied a few months ago. People take tabs hating way too far
Particularly seeing Dixon was barely sighted today (yes he had about 36% TOG, still barely saw him’.

CapitalA

Club Legend
Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
In the first quarter his finger was dislocated and sticking out at right angles, but he stayed on and threw himself into a marking contest with Liam Ryan. What a team player. Respect.
That was Hughes my friend.
showmehowtorock beat me to it

Inveigh Slang

Club Legend
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle

Dixon still has a way to go but Tabs dropped an absolute sitter today and did some pretty ordinary things amongst a few strong contested marks. His set shots also let him down. I'm not a hater but am still.waiting for him to put it all together.

Jul 4, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Tabs has at least 4 goals in a game for Freo. Lobb and Dixon has not.

Again, Tarberner has kicked 75 goals from 71 games. If it wasn't for form and injuries he would of kicked at least 150 goals already.

Hell we had apeness for 6 years and his knees were wrecked with injury
I presume the club would have access to down the ground camera footage .
It would be fascinating to do an overlay of leading patterns and workrate. On work rate Tabs would excel with his ability to lead up and provide an option for the backs.
As the forward leading to the mids I'm not so convinced on this part of his game and given his age I don't think it's likely to improve

Oct 3, 2006
Block 345
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Glasgow Celtic, Roys FFC, NUFC,
Hughes is the defender version of Langdon in that he does everything bar disposal really well, but the disposal... Actually, he is probably slightly better than Ed at kicking.

Didn't see JJK last week but I'm a fan (easily my favourite WCE with Gov over the last decade) and he's looked not himself for a couple of years. I know injuries and all that but JJK from 3 years ago at least gets a kick in the first half.

Not taking anything from Griff, dude is a jet.

Thought Hughes' marking and disposal were both sublime. Totally Underated.

Inveigh Slang

Club Legend
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Are commentators instructed to get overly excited whe
If we can get a similar output as Taberner offers from a player under 21 then we will probably end up paying that young player a million dollars a year before his career is over.

That player would have to impact a game substantially more than Tabs. He'd have to be a top 5 key forward in the league

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Some eye opening performances there from the lesser lights:
  • Tucker was gold in the last quarter.
  • Crowden has definitely taken a step forward.
  • I haven’t been a fan of Duman, but that was easily the best game I’ve seen him play - tight on his man and eliminated his clanger count.
  • Schultz has been an absolute revelation this pre season (both Marsh games and the two internal scratchies).
  • Banfield delivered when it counted.
  • Logue looked an AA quality FB, let alone third tall.
  • Brayshaw is a “real deal” inside mid now.
  • Cerra was quieter but looked good the week before when he attended more centre bounces.

Back