Game Day Marsh Week 2 - Hawthorn v Melbourne - UTas Stadium - Friday March 6, 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

May be unpopular with Goody but that’s about it.
Exactly. It was really odd he moved away from that role as leading into the 2018 finals, he was fast becoming one of the best taggers in the comp and wasn't only shutting down some gun mids, but was getting plenty of the ball as well. DeBoer at GWS is so important to them, I'd love to see Harmesy have a similar impact. He's one of our only mids who can take a grab and kick a goal as well, so if anything, I'd prefer him more forward than defence. Crazy Goody in affect with this one I'm afraid...

I think I just spotted the Vanders foot injury. 11.35ish on the clock - he takes the ball after a boundary throw in on the wing, as he kicks, Scully comes across to smother and it looks like AVB kicks his leg. Afterwards he checks out his foot for a second, and then hobbles off a little bit. Tho 10 seconds later seems to be running fine and plays a few more minutes, tho from about 9mins to go, I think he's gone off. Hopefully just playing it safe
******* Scully.

Agree. I got a good feeling about this year.

We look fit and have a better more even structure, we can only beat who we play. But we only beat the crows, north and hawks, all who missed finals last year and I’d except only the hawks to push for the 6-8th position

Isn't every game on Kayo? I'm looking at dropping Foxtel in the near future under such an assumption.

I’ve just done this. I waited till I had to switch over to NBN, then signed up for the free two week trial and tested it on a couple of games. All good.

Personally, I’m a fan. The ability to watch any game from the start even if you’re a couple of minutes late, is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have SOOOOOO much more structure evident this year. And more importantly, we have some fitness to be able to hold that structure.

I hadn’t fully realized how bad our wing situation has been. I’m usually of the view that a good player can make do in most positions by playing to their strengths, and that wings are usually the positions you do without when playing short. But wow, having the luxury of two wingers who know what they’re doing!

I’ve just done this. I waited till I had to switch over to NBN, then signed up for the free two week trial and tested it on a couple of games. All good.

Personally, I’m a fan. The ability to watch any game from the start even if you’re a couple of minutes late, is perfect.

Yep I love Kayo, I just set dad up with a smart TV and got him to cancel his Foxtel subscription. It saves him $80 per month and he loves that he can watch anything at anytime he wants.

I would never get Foxtel again.

Kayo is owned by Foxtel
Yeah I know, I don’t have an issue with giving Foxtel my money, I’d just like them to have less of it.

Great to hear, I need to buy a new router before I switch over, my current one is awful, and likely wouldn’t handle the increased traffic

Yep I love Kayo, I just set dad up with a smart TV and got him to cancel his Foxtel subscription. It saves him $80 per month and he loves that he can watch anything at anytime he wants.

I would never get Foxtel again.
Do you get billed monthly or annually?

We look fit and have a better more even structure, we can only beat who we play. But we only beat the crows, north and hawks, all who missed finals last year and I’d except only the hawks to push for the 6-8th position

It's the vibe, it's mabo, it's the vibe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll never understand why people were against getting Tomlinson. A lock and loaded B grader, who fills a need, on an affordable wage for free. Why would you be against that? Would you complain if a restaurant brought you a free beer?
kicking and running looked rubbish in the finals.

The play where May drilled a 60m bomb to Maxy inside the centre square who then turned and kicked into space for Langdon; god I'd love for that to become a regular strategy.

From May's kick-in, overload the left wing with talls(Maxy, Brown, TMac, Weed) and inside mids, put a decent kicking, marking linkup player in the centre square(Tomlinson/Fritsch/Melksham maybe?), with Langdon on the right wing, see how teams matchup. If you put just any guy on Langdon he can burn them, but if they commit too much personnel to the centre square and right wing, May just goes long down the line where we've ideally got even numbers around the footy and can use our ballwinning ability at ground level.

We already don't mind a bit of run and gun, but this kind of setup can launch a quick counterattack with the caveat that plan B is still playing to our strengths.

Harmes gone forward Topkent ... hopefully the experiment is dead
No brainer situationally for mine. We lack F50 pressure, goals, ground level ballwinning ability; if we've got Harmes to spare down back, could also use that up forward.

I think a lot of the appeal with Harmes down back is communication though. Lever and May talk, noone else does much. Harmes also has the tools to intercept and D up a man, whereas Chunk is a liability 1 on 1 vs anyone over 185 cm really.

Ideally Hunt would've come on more after his awesome 2017 season, because he has the athleticism to lock down a legitimately tricky type. And it is disappointing he's on the outer this year too; clean at ground level, great leading up at the footy and good hands. If he could get his F50 pressure up gee he'd be handy to open up space for TMac Fritsch etc.

kicking and running looked rubbish in the finals.

I didn't take a great deal of interest in the finals last year but he's looked anything but in his first few hitouts with us. Fitness looks exceptional, especially for a guy who had a hammy(?) strain and missed some time in the preseason. Very happy with what I've seen from him so far.

No brainer situationally for mine. We lack F50 pressure, goals, ground level ballwinning ability; if we've got Harmes to spare down back, could also use that up forward.

I think a lot of the appeal with Harmes down back is communication though. Lever and May talk, noone else does much. Harmes also has the tools to intercept and D up a man, whereas Chunk is a liability 1 on 1 vs anyone over 185 cm really.

Ideally Hunt would've come on more after his awesome 2017 season, because he has the athleticism to lock down a legitimately tricky type. And it is disappointing he's on the outer this year too; clean at ground level, great leading up at the footy and good hands. If he could get his F50 pressure up gee he'd be handy to open up space for TMac Fritsch etc.
I have a sneaky suspicion that Harmes only moved out of the backline because Vanders hurt himself, so will likely go back there, unfortunately

I have a sneaky suspicion that Harmes only moved out of the backline because Vanders hurt himself, so will likely go back there, unfortunately
yeah and I'm not gonna complain about another talker down back.

But when we need a goal late, Harmes up forward is something we've got to see IMO.

What a player he's turned into though. There are good arguments for him to play every area of the ground.

I tend to agree.

Lever, May, OMac, Jetta, Hibbo, and Salem are our back 6. The only variant is Hore vs. OMac, depending on match ups. I get the logic of Harmes behind the ball, but we don’t need him there and he’s become one of the leagues best ball winning taggers.

Yeah I know, I don’t have an issue with giving Foxtel my money, I’d just like them to have less of it.

Great to hear, I need to buy a new router before I switch over, my current one is awful, and likely wouldn’t handle the increased traffic
Also if you have a beteasy account you can get 3months of Kayo for free to see how it goes. Or do what i did for years with foxtel find somebody else who has the dish but no box but wants foxtel and buy another box for your house and give it to them and go 1/2s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back