News Marshall and Ladhams sign on!

Remove this Banner Ad

i see frampton as the perfect 2nd forward, he'll never be a champion but could quite easily kick 40 goals a year, i think he's under rated, but his best quality is his aggression, i want defenders to know that this guy will got straight through them if they get in the way, If this guy was given 10 games in tandem with Dixon i think you would see a great chemisty, i personally dont rate Dixon all that much because he drops to many marks particually when he gets 2 hands on them, in reality he's just a tease and i think he always will be

Ladhams does live with frampton, hopefully something brews up further here to keep the 2 together!!!

He moved out of home and in with Billy Frampton after the end of last year. Wonder if Chris Davies or whoever deals closely with him at the club told him to do it to show more commitment. He says it was the best move he has made, to not depend on his folks to do everything for him.
We should re sign Frampton on this basis alone. Another year with Wild Bill and Ladhams might surpass Grundy as a ruck / mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woo hoo!

iu

Nothing earth-shattering but a positive is a positive. Marshall had next year to go anyway.

Per Contracted Players* still unsigned for next year are Patrick Ryder, Matthew Broadbent, Trent McKenzie, Billy Frampton, Karl Amon, Jack Trengove, Kane Farrell, Riley Bonner, Aidyn Johnson, Justin Westhoff, Cam Hewett, Martin Frederick (1st year category B rookie), Sam Gray, Tobin Cox (1st year rookie), Kai Pudney (1st year category B rookie), and Cameron Sutcliffe (1st year rookie)

* not updated at time of posting with the Marshall and Ladhams changes

IMO:

Ryder - Trade to a club where he'll be #1 ruck
Broadbent - Would've said delist a month ago but his form in his second stint in the side has been a lot better than his first stint. One year contract, but with the understanding that he's no longer in our fully fit best 22. He can fill a Jack Trengove type role at the Maggies, and be there as depth if we need him.
McKenzie - Delist
Frampton - One year contract
Amon - Would prefer a two year contract given that this is his first really good year for us, but if it was gonna be a sticking point I'd rather offer him three years than lose him
Trengove - Delist
Farrell - Two year deal
Bonner - Maybe unpopular but I'd give him two years, he clearly has talent and I reckon over the last month or so he's starting to show it, still only 22
AJ - Delist
Westhoff - One year deal, probably his last one
Hewett - Should've been delisted three years ago
Frederick - One year deal
Sam Gray - Would probably trade, especially if Ken goes. My issues with Sam aren't all necessarily his fault and he's a good enough footballer to be worthy of a spot on an AFL list somewhere, but he's basically Ken Hinkley's Coaching Career distilled into a single football player. Seeing him next year will only remind me of a period that I won't want to be reminded of.
Cox - One year deal
Pudney - One year deal
Sutcliffe - Delist

Last edited:
Anybody who thinks delisting or trading Framton is a good idea is a ******* moron.
It’s not that hard to find someone who can do what Frampton is doing.

Over the last 10 years we have had Salter, D.Stew, Butcher, Cloke, Harvey, Shaw, Eddy, Frampton all kicking bags at SANFL level plus brief cameos from players like Howard kicking 8 coming back from injury, Marshall, etc.

Been here long enough and hasn’t made an impact, he will go and we will find an instant replacement. It won’t come back to bite us. Most will move on, some will not.

Last edited:
Hadn't realised til this week that Ladhams was a lefty. That instantly makes him a much more valuable proposition because lefty's change up the ruck contest so much, coming from the other side, and throwing off their opponent. Jarrod Witt's is a great example of a relatively average tap ruck who completely neutralises contests every week with the help of being a lefty.

Also means we'll have real difference between our rucks if/when we play a two ruck system with him in the team. One right hander and one lefty will make it hell for a gawn or grundy to consistently be on top.

Two great signings, both players deserve there contract extensions.

Unfortunately it means ryder will be moved on next year to another club, ryder is too good to be playing sanfl.

Billy should be delisted. Had long enough go. Been a spud for a while, and form improvement may have come from him wanting another contract, i dont buy it and either do the coaches. Hopefully some else gives him a go

Two great signings, both players deserve there contract extensions.

Unfortunately it means ryder will be moved on next year to another club, ryder is too good to be playing sanfl.

Billy should be delisted. Had long enough go. Been a spud for a while, and form improvement may have come from him wanting another contract, i dont buy it and either do the coaches. Hopefully some else gives him a go

It’s not that hard to find someone who can do what Frampton is doing.

Over the last 10 years we have had Salter, D.Stew, Butcher, Cloke, Harvey, Shaw, Eddy, Frampton all kicking bags at SANFL level plus brief cameos from players like Howard kicking 8 coming back from injury, Marshall, etc.

Been here long enough and hasn’t made an impact, he will go and we will find an instant replacement. It won’t come back to bite us. Most will move on, some will not.
Each to their own. I see the Club likes with your post.

Hadn't realised til this week that Ladhams was a lefty. That instantly makes him a much more valuable proposition because lefty's change up the ruck contest so much, coming from the other side, and throwing off their opponent. Jarrod Witt's is a great example of a relatively average tap ruck who completely neutralises contests every week with the help of being a lefty.

Also means we'll have real difference between our rucks if/when we play a two ruck system with him in the team. One right hander and one lefty will make it hell for a gawn or grundy to consistently be on top.
Pretty sure Brogan said something similar about Ladhams being a lefty is a big advantage, when he debuted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back