Conspiracy Theory Martin Bryant and Port Arthur - Conspiracy or Cheddar?

Remove this Banner Ad

isn't that substantial evidence that martin bryant didn't kill those people and was a scapegoat?

Not sure what you're playing at. It was pretty conclusive that he did it.

amazing how every brave decision the government makes is dumb.

Huh?

I was ten too, and remember hearing about it on the radio on the way home from a Scout Camp.

As for the evidence he didn't do it, a couple of years ago I spent a couple of hours reading material on the internet. Pretty chilling, from memory there some odd things that don't add up.

isn't that substantial evidence that martin bryant didn't kill those people and was a scapegoat?

I've read a short conspiracy theory book on the killings. But if you read it carefully the assuption he makes to support his theory is a joke.

(Specifically, the timescale for the killings in the Cafe, he scales it down from what the cops said, to such a short period of time that it would require a minimum of 2 x quality shooters to kill so many in such a short time).
i.e. 10-15 minutes down to 3 minutes or something.

The conspiracy theory was all about staging a massacre to disarm the population.

The conspiracy theories are ******* great, considering a whole lot of people saw him do it, and he's on film holed up in the B&B.

If you put stock in the Port Arthur conspiracy theories, you need your head examined, and are a good argument against allowing widespread gun ownership in the general population.

A predictably generic, closed minded response. I'm surprised you didn't wheel out the tin foil hat picture.

The Port Arthur Massacre raises many questions that have never been properly answered.

A predictably generic, closed minded response. I'm surprised you didn't wheel out the tin foil hat picture.

The Port Arthur Massacre raises many questions that have never been properly answered.
Especially the fact that a slow-witted man with barely any gun experience had such a high kill-rate.

I thought that most of the shootings were point blank apart from when he was in the bus/car park.
Even then he chased the little girls into the bush and shot them from less then 2 metres.

Just asked the poor ticketing attendant that watched.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A tin foil hat picture would be perfectly reasonable in this case

Those conspiracy 'theories' is the stuff of complete morons and frankly are very disrespectful to the people that witnessed the murders and those that lost their lives.

If you want to resign yourself to being a slave to group-think then that is your choice, just don't bother foisting that crap upon me.

People like you would still be burning witches.

The government didn't arrange to kill 35 people, including children, to ram through gun reforms that the general population didn't even give a s**t about.

Who is claiming that? certainly not me.

The generally accepted story has large holes in it. Beyond that point is mere speculation.

30 hits and 20 kills from 29 bullets in 90 seconds?

Yes.

When one is firing a SKS 7.62mm semi automatic in a crowded cafe against unsuspecting pensioners having a cup of coffee, yes.

s**t, you could gun down 2 a second in the first 10 seconds before they knew what was happening.

Im not sure those commenting on this know what guns do.

When one is firing a SKS 7.62mm semi automatic in a crowded cafe against unsuspecting pensioners having a cup of coffee, yes.

s**t, you could gun down 2 a second in the first 10 seconds before they knew what was happening.

My thoughts too.

Pretty sure one account I read referred to some of the bullets that were fired killing more than one person. That is, they entered person A, killing them instantly, exited them and then still had enough momentum to then enter person B, killing them as well.

You have a situation like that, combined with lots of people in a confined space= body count rising extremely quickly.

Exactly right.

Some may mention his lack of intellect as a reason why he couldn't possible have shot with that accuracy, though I would argue that shooting a gun is a relatively simple task that is made complicated by rationale thought and morality.

Someone lacking in those thought processes would find doing this shooting very simple.

One doesn't need to be a marksman to shoot surprised flatfooted people at point blank range.

s**t; for the first 5-6 seconds most wouldn't have been able to comprehend what the * was going down. Im a trained solder and It'd take me 5 seconds to realize what was happening and react. By then, he'd be changing his first 20 round magazine.

And were still at 10-15 feet and sitting down.

Makes it even more horrible.

I cant even imagine the horror.

Seriously, there is no doubt he did it. Witnesses, survivors, guns, ballistics, hard factual evidence, the works. The fact some people even think about thinking about buying into the story he didnt is... well... weird.

Der government trying to take away our gunz.

Derp.

One doesn't need to be a marksman to shoot surprised flatfooted people at point blank range.

s**t; for the first 5-6 seconds most wouldn't have been able to comprehend what the **** was going down. Im a trained solder and It'd take me 5 seconds to realize what was happening and react. By then, he'd be changing his first 20 round magazine.

And were still at 10-15 feet and sitting down.

Makes it even more horrible.

I cant even imagine the horror.

Seriously, there is no doubt he did it. Witnesses, survivors, guns, ballistics, hard factual evidence, the works. The fact some people even think about thinking about buying into the story he didnt is... well... weird.

Der government trying to take away our gunz.

Derp.
The best word to descrive people who buy into the conspiracy theory is a banned word unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back