Status
Not open for further replies.

Eshay187

Premium Platinum
Apr 26, 2012
Grill
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't say this lightly and I rarely post in here (the last time I posted on this board was Buddy to sydney and no one believed me).

I've now heard it from 3 sources that Martin is heading to Sydney.

The whole deal relies on the Swans offloading Tippett (Carlton the front runners) and potentially McVeigh retiring. He is playing very well, but his body just isn't holding up.

I'm not sure that the Swans need Martin, but that's what everyone said about Buddy ("they have Tippett why would they need Franklin??")

Heard this on sen this morning. At least if true hes chosen a proper club with pedigree. It would be bizarre if martin went to arden or linton streets looking for a flag.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't say this lightly and I rarely post in here (the last time I posted on this board was Buddy to sydney and no one believed me).

The whole deal relies on the Swans offloading Tippett (Carlton the front runners) and potentially McVeigh retiring. He is playing very well, but his body just isn't holding up.

I'm not sure that the Swans need Martin, but that's what everyone said about Buddy ("they have Tippett why would they need Franklin??")

CFC can handle the Tippett salary dump part of things but what else would be involved in a deal that would be of value to CFC ... Jones ?

After Buddy, Tippett and possibly Martin, the rest of the Swans must be playing for $100 a match and a free lunch voucher.

I wish the Crows had a bottomless salary cap.

These players are obviously attracted to living in Sydney .
Perhaps AFC should concentrate on trying to entice home grown players to return ...

These players are obviously attracted to living in Sydney .
Perhaps AFC should concentrate on trying to entice home grown players to return ...
Yeah, you must be right. They're playing for bugger all money and instead, purely for the love of the place. Good point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 posters on BF your referring to I guess?

Everyone seems to have forgotten that last time Martin was out of contract he tried to go to Sydney (GWS) but his off field issues saw him get rejected. Yes, his old man is no longer there but he did want to live in Sydney previously. I would apply a high degree of credibility to this rumor.

Worth noting that the Swans are also likely to lose Sam Reid to free agency as clubs like the Pies and Richmond who need a second tall forward, circle.

Oh yeah, also talk that Buddy's contract was front loaded so the burden is now easing. Re Tippett clubs like the Blues and Carlton, with young forwards who need a chop out could be interested as he is a big body that can also ruck. Blues may be banking on losing Caboult.

After Buddy, Tippett and possibly Martin, the rest of the Swans must be playing for $100 a match and a free lunch voucher.

I wish the Crows had a bottomless salary cap.

Nah... You've already got a unlimited third party deals with everyone from Balfours pies to 5AA. Why bother trying to work inside a salary cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back