Martin v Shuey v Hartlett v Ziebell (version 2.0)

Who is better?

• Dustin Martin

Votes: 197 65.9%
  • Luke Shuey

Votes: 53 17.7%
  • Hamish Hartlett

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Jack Ziebell

Votes: 36 12.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Last week it was Dustin-- Shuey--- Ziebell (HH didn't play) for the seconf week straight.

So far this week Ziebell was OK in Norths loss against the Hawks. He had 22 touches at 62% efficiency, 5 clearances and 15 contested.

Shuey was clearly bog tonight had 38 posesssions at 84% efficiency, 13 clearances, 23 contested possessions, 2 goal assists and not one but 2 clutch goals.

Last week it was Dustin-- Shuey--- Ziebell (HH didn't play) for the seconf week straight.

So far this week Ziebell was OK in Norths loss against the Hawks. He had 22 touches at 62% efficiency, 5 clearances and 15 contested.

Shuey was clearly bog tonight had 38 posesssions at 84% efficiency, 13 clearances, 23 contested possessions, 2 goal assists and not one but 2 clutch goals.

Was it Wild Bill that used to go on about coaches votes? Had JZ gotten another vote since he was on about 41. Shuey and Martin are top 5 or so way ahead.

Was it Wild Bill that used to go on about coaches votes? Had JZ gotten another vote since he was on about 41. Shuey and Martin are top 5 or so way ahead.
I know it's an argument Donkey Chop rated highly. I'd be shocked to see Shuey get anything other than a perfect 10 for that incredible performance against a top 4 side on the road.

I know it's an argument Donkey Chop rated highly. I'd be shocked to see Shuey get anything other than a perfect 10 for that incredible performance against a top 4 side on the road.

Yeah I do think it's one indicator. Not as bad as continually referencing disposl efficiency. Bit like the Brownlow. It's all subjective.

I didn't catch Shueys game but I did see this tweet. I'm not trolling so go easy.

Brett Anderson: "Quack quack quack. A horrible habit that he needs get rid of. #Shuey"

Everyone has opinions on how they view the game

Yeah I do think it's one indicator. Not as bad as continually referencing disposl efficiency. Bit like the Brownlow. It's all subjective.

I didn't catch Shueys game but I did see this tweet. I'm not trolling so go easy.

Brett Anderson: "Quack quack quack. A horrible habit that he needs get rid of. #Shuey"

Everyone has opinions on how they view the game
You're right someone's tweet completely nullifies his performance.

He'll get 10 coaches votes, 3 Brownlow votes in our best individual performance of the season but someone made a tweet so he must've sucked.

You're right someone's tweet completely nullifies his performance.

He'll get 10 coaches votes, 3 Brownlow votes in our best individual performance of the season but someone made a tweet so he must've sucked.

Don't think he was saying he was terrible. More that he needs to take that out of his game before people warm to him. Not that it matters though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For what purpose?
How does his opinion have any bearing on the specific comparison of the four players mentioned in the OP?

Because my name was braught up and that was literally the only thing I saw from the game.

I felt obliged to write something.

“I saw one of the great individual quarters in history,” triple-premiership champion Jonathan Brown told Fox Footy’s On The Couch.

“The game was on the line, West Coast has been struggling, and look at Shuey’s numbers throughout the last quarter.

“He kicked two critical set-shots, he had 14 disposals, nine contested possessions, six clearances, 283m gained, six scoring involvements and 77 ranking points — all in one quarter.

“It was an amazing performance from Luke Shuey. He was all over the field and he was the major reason, along with Nic Naitanui, why the Eagles have got their season back on track.”

Big wraps from one of the modern great forwards

Shuey is a gun, he is about 100 times a better player than Ziebell will ever be. Ziebell should not be in this poll anymore, and neither should Hartlett on raw performene, but unlike Ziebell, Hartlett actually does have the talent/potential to match it with the others at his best, Ziebell does not, too limited a footballer.

Shuey is a gun, he is about 100 times a better player than Ziebell will ever be. Ziebell should not be in this poll anymore, and neither should Hartlett on raw performene, but unlike Ziebell, Hartlett actually does have the talent/potential to match it with the others at his best, Ziebell does not, too limited a footballer.
While I appreciate the sentiment I think JZ could be a very good afl player if he embraced his role.

He needs to be an inside mid, sadly you have swallow and cunnington so he can't take that role on full time. Also, he needs to invert his kick to handball ratio. He needs to feed his runner rather than kick it every time.

Just seems to be stuck at the moment between positions and skills.

While I appreciate the sentiment I think JZ could be a very good afl player if he embraced his role.

He needs to be an inside mid, sadly you have swallow and cunnington so he can't take that role on full time. Also, he needs to invert his kick to handball ratio. He needs to feed his runner rather than kick it every time.

Just seems to be stuck at the moment between positions and skills.
No, if anything that applies to Cunnington who played his best footy when Swallow wasn't there. He embraced and thrived on the role with the extra responsibility and added space to work with. Ziebell is just not a very smart or skillful user. He can bust a pack open, lay a tackle and win his own contestant ball as good as anyone, but his decision making and ball use in tight has always been a concern with aimless hack kicks from congestion. He used to be good in space, but even that has dried up recently. He needs to play more minutes forward because he is a good overhead mark and is a good kick for goal, but that isn't going to happen.

Love how when Martin played more forward people said he's super damaging but doesn't get enough of it / run out games. Now averages 30+ and isn't damaging enough

Back