Martin v Shuey v Hartlett v Ziebell (version 2.0)

Who is better?

• Dustin Martin

Votes: 197 65.9%
  • Luke Shuey

Votes: 53 17.7%
  • Hamish Hartlett

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Jack Ziebell

Votes: 36 12.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Love how when Martin played more forward people said he's super damaging but doesn't get enough of it / run out games. Now averages 30+ and isn't damaging enough

If Martin was playing for a decent team I think he'd win a brownlow, unfortunately I don't think Dimma has a clue how to structure a midfield properly.

If Martin was playing for a decent team I think he'd win a brownlow, unfortunately I don't think Dimma has a clue how to structure a midfield properly.
If Martin played for Adelaide this year I think he'd seriously be rivalling Danger (more than he is). His penetrating 50-60m field kicking would suit their forward line to a tee.

Ziebell had his best game on the weekend, he was quiet in round 2 after copping a hit in the ribs and had 31 in rd1. He's going ok.

But ziebell's "ok" is still below par for a player of his experience and draft rank.

Cost north the game v Geelong with that terrible kick to Hansen. Marcus Adams would have been proud

But ziebell's "ok" is still below par for a player of his experience and draft rank.

Cost north the game v Geelong with that terrible kick to Hansen. Marcus Adams would have been proud

That was an awful kick, don't remind me. Hes played 150 games and is now captain. Reckon he's more then justified being taken at pick 9.

That was an awful kick, don't remind me. Hes played 150 games and is now captain. Reckon he's more then justified being taken at pick 9.

You wouldn't look to get rid of him and would be reasonably happy with how he's turned out, but he wouldn't be top 10 from his draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Ziebell suffers from the bigfooty opinion that top 10 picks are either guns or duds, with no in between. Coaches don't view it like that. Sure, Ziebell isn't a star midfielder, but he is good for North, is obviously rated for his leadership and he has a crack every week. He's in their best 22. I don't think he has to finish his career with AAs and B&Fs to have been a good pick for North. If you get 200+ games out of a midfielder with a top 10 pick, and he's a good contributer for most of them and becomes a captain, I don't think clubs would be complaining about that.

Say what you want about Ziebells kicking but I think we'd all agree he's got the best bump out of the 4.

Back