MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman

Well done, Marty. Has become an essential part, in his second year, of our VFL program in what was a roller-coaster year. That crunching mark in the last quarter in defence sums him and his importance to the back 6 up.

Wonder who will pick him up

You'd imagine that he and Tardrew would be the 2 most likely. Tardrew the more likely for us given his extra pace is more a need.

I still think Lachie Howe would also be worth a rookie pick even though he's had a quieter year in 2017 than 2016. I just wonder what he'd do with consistent exposure to an elite program.

Are we ready yet TradeDraft?

batman_rtapg2_display.jpg

You'd imagine that he and Tardrew would be the 2 most likely. Tardrew the more likely for us given his extra pace is more a need.

I still think Lachie Howe would also be worth a rookie pick even though he's had a quieter year in 2017 than 2016. I just wonder what he'd do with consistent exposure to an elite program.

he was disappointing against richmond. got smashed in the ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agree but it wouldn't get any easier. I think there would be better ruck depth options.

Howe is a VFL Ruckman and I don't see him anything close to AFL Ruck. Short and Way too Slow

Howe is a VFL Ruckman and I don't see him anything close to AFL Ruck. Short and Way too Slow

200cm means he's taller than Mummy, Ryder and Martin, 2cm shorter than Jacobs and Leuenberger, 1cm shorter than Bellchambers, same height as McEvoy, and I doubt he's any slower than your average 200cm player. His ruck work is generally good and he can go forward and clunk a mark and kick a goal.

Hampson and Maric got the better of him but both established senior ruckmen so I can live with that. I've also seen him compete with those types at VFL level before and win.

Could easily see him filling a void if Grundy and Cox weren't available. Even though he's had a quieter year this year than last I'd still have him ahead of Lynch in the pecking order if he was on our list.

200cm means he's taller than Mummy, Ryder and Martin, 2cm shorter than Jacobs and Leuenberger, 1cm shorter than Bellchambers, same height as McEvoy, and I doubt he's any slower than your average 200cm player. His ruck work is generally good and he can go forward and clunk a mark and kick a goal.

Hampson and Maric got the better of him but both established senior ruckmen so I can live with that. I've also seen him compete with those types at VFL level before and win.

Could easily see him filling a void if Grundy and Cox weren't available. Even though he's had a quieter year this year than last I'd still have him ahead of Lynch in the pecking order if he was on our list.

There are better State-League Rucks then Howe

Tops off a very good year with the Joseph Wren Trophy for VFL team best and fairest. Congratulations, Marty! The start of bigger and better things to come, I suspect...

Tops off a very good year with the Joseph Wren Trophy for VFL team best and fairest. Congratulations, Marty! The start of bigger and better things to come, I suspect...

This bloke should be drafted MB by US.

He never disappointed me watching him live in the VFL.

If Sinclair/Oxley/Keeffe get a senior gig over him then Hine should quit now.

This bloke should be drafted MB by US.

He never disappointed me watching him live in the VFL.

If Sinclair/Oxley/Keeffe get a senior gig over him then Hine should quit now.

I concur...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back