Marvel’s Avengers - Came September 4, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

The title is set up to follow the games-as-a-service model, with Marvel stating that it will “introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come.” All additions to come will be free, and there will be no loot boxes. DLC will include new Marvel characters, such as Ant-Man. It also sounds like there will be plenty of cosmetics.

This really doesn't sound like a crappy cash tie in.

Interesting they didn't try and replicate the movie actor's faces.

It's fully licensed so why couldn't they use the likeness of the characters from the movies? Trailer looked like a movie scene. Gameplay pls.

My guess is too jarring without their proper voices. Its already pretty jarring considering their overall look is straight from the movies, having the actual faces without being voiced by the actors would crank it up to 11.

How do you mean? Just coz no movie likenesses? Character models look fine to me.

Definitely not the prettiest trailer I've seen, far from the ugliest though.

They look incredibly boring and bland. I also don't understand why they went with the movie outfits but not the faces, at the very least go with the comics. Just very generic IMO and looks average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My guess is too jarring without their proper voices. Its already pretty jarring considering their overall look is straight from the movies, having the actual faces without being voiced by the actors would crank it up to 11.

Agree 100%, but if they're going with the set up and characters 'close' to their MCU counterparts, surely they could use the iconic Avengers theme.

Havent kept up with the current versions of the comics, but its like they've taken an each way bet and included enough from the MCU so they can capitalise on the movie fanbase, while still trying to make the characters their own.

It's jarring enough as it is IMO.

This game will win people over with succeed or fail with the gameplay, the Avengers licensing won't be enough.

Trying to do superhero video games justice is a very hard task. They've got an uphill battle but I hope the game shines with its gameplay more than anything. Good luck to them.

Agree 100%, but if they're going with the set up and characters 'close' to their MCU counterparts, surely they could use the iconic Avengers theme.

Havent kept up with the current versions of the comics, but its like they've taken an each way bet and included enough from the MCU so they can capitalise on the movie fanbase, while still trying to make the characters their own.

It's jarring enough as it is IMO.

This game will win people over with succeed or fail with the gameplay, the Avengers licensing won't be enough.

Trying to do superhero video games justice is a very hard task. They've got an uphill battle but I hope the game shines with its gameplay more than anything. Good luck to them.

Yeah that's a point, Avengers theme would have been mint and really provided some extra punch for the trailer. Agree re: the each way bet mentality too.

Especially hard getting a superhero with flight right in a videogame too.

Happy to reserve judgement until the final design but it's no reason to have faith in them, it was s**t and that's what they chose to present. Doesn't bode well and now they are forced into acting to save face.

Spider Man was done by Insomniac right? Would they tie the two games?
If they can make Avengers like that, they’re onto a winner. Free roaming, character development.
Although I feel even an Iron man stand-alone game even Captain America, heck even Black Panther would be just as amazing. Marvel had the opportunity to do a MCU style development. Standalone games then the ultimate development - Avengers.

Spider Man was done by Insomniac right? Would they tie the two games?
If they can make Avengers like that, they’re onto a winner. Free roaming, character development.
Although I feel even an Iron man stand-alone game even Captain America, heck even Black Panther would be just as amazing. Marvel had the opportunity to do a MCU style development. Standalone games then the ultimate development - Avengers.

What's the connection? Both games are done by different studios, Spider-Man is also owned by Sony not Disney and is a Sony exclusive.

What's the connection? Both games are done by different studios, Spider-Man is also owned by Sony not Disney and is a Sony exclusive.
Yeah was asking in regards to that. Won’t be any interplay I’m guessing? The storyline from Spider-Man was great and suggested that Avengers were away on the west coast. The trailer showed the Avengers actually being in San Francisco. So who knows.

I have no doubt that these games will cross over and form a gaming universe. I fully expect Spidey to be some kind of easter egg or what have you in the avengers game. Spider-man solo games will always be exclusive to PS though and I'd be shocked if MS didn't get their own exclusive too.

I have no doubt that these games will cross over and form a gaming universe. I fully expect Spidey to be some kind of easter egg or what have you in the avengers game. Spider-man solo games will always be exclusive to PS though and I'd be shocked if MS didn't get their own exclusive too.
Yeah that’s the problem with that contract. Even though the MCU kinda made that water under the bridge.
But two different gaming developers joining together? Won’t happen. Sony wouldn’t want Spider-Man on Avengers on any other platform anyway.

Will have microtransactions - confirmed. Campaign can't be played multiplayer either. Read some gameplay impressions that sounded very underwhelming as well.

Unsurprisingly, they won't change the character designs, so that fan hope was dashed quickly.

Out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back