Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Im tapped out but not because I'm disappointed, those last two movies were good in their own right but for anyone who has followed this movie series the last 10 years feel that its completed.
Anyone who knows the characters from the comics knows that we’ve only just scratched the surface.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the most part Scorsese isn't wrong, however what is wrong with movies being entertaining and fun and engaging the imagination? Secondly, he has made much of his most well known work around the theme of gangsters, and to me, I find those concepts delve just as much in to make believe for the average person, as norse gods and men in robot suits and talking racoons.

Last edited:
For the most part Scorsese isn't wrong, however what is wrong with movies being entertaining and fun and engaging the imagination? Secondly, he has made much of his most well known work around the theme of gangsters, and to me, I find those concepts delve just as much in to make believe for the average person, as norse gods and men in robot suits and talking racoons.
It was a pretty cheap shot and a very shallow opinion. Scorsese admitted to not having seen them all and so has made his opinion based his preconceived idea that Mainstream films suck.

But his opinion would be fairly popular with the Oscar voting community in Hollywood that are woefully out of touch.

I’m guessing he’s coming from a place of “superhero movie fatigue” that many bemoan. Fair enough then, but no one is obliged to see these movies. However labelling them as “not cinema” is a big stretch.

I’m guessing he’s coming from a place of “superhero movie fatigue” that many bemoan. Fair enough then, but no one is obliged to see these movies. However labelling them as “not cinema” is a big stretch.

He is coming from a place that is the past.

Scorsese just made a movie for netflix which is often argued as being the killer of cinema, he is an idiot.

Just because it’s being argued doesn’t mean it’s right.

fc61cba6281ba1c325bf086d087886fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a pretty cheap shot and a very shallow opinion. Scorsese admitted to not having seen them all and so has made his opinion based his preconceived idea that Mainstream films suck.

But his opinion would be fairly popular with the Oscar voting community in Hollywood that are woefully out of touch.
He didn’t say he hadn’t seen them, he said he tried and couldn’t finish them. We don’t know how much he watched but he’s not obliged to sit through every film to the end before commenting.

As I say, I like them, but I’m not pretending they are high art, though like any genre, they can occasionally rise above.

He didn’t say he hadn’t seen them, he said he tried and couldn’t finish them. We don’t know how much he watched but he’s not obliged to sit through every film to the end before commenting.

As I say, I like them, but I’m not pretending they are high art, though like any genre, they can occasionally rise above.
I took it to mean he's seen a couple and realised they're not his type of movies so he hasn't watched them all. Which is fine.

But to compare them to theme park rides would be pretty insulting to the thousands of people who have worked on the films, especially if he is making that glib comment off very little evidence.

Nothing wrong with saying they are poor cinema or that they're not what he wants to see in film. To imply that they're not cinema is where he crosses the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back