Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Trailer 2 didn't really provide a lot of new scenes (which is good), but that build up was epic. fuark

I actually am digging that white armour suit.

Good to see Hird got a gig writing for Marvel. “Whatever it takes”

A lot of Hawkeye in the trailer. I think him killing Thanos maybe with BW is the way to go. Thematically suits an uplifitng Disney narrative of not needing to be exceptional to make a difference kids!

The way to do it would be have Thanos change reality so it appears his family are still alive (May have been a glimpse of that in the trailer), have him get lost in it like Calypso in the Odyssey, before realising and say something like “I could stay here forever but that would be selfish, and you need to be avenged”. Boom fires an arrow through his daughter breaks the illusion.

Maybe have black widow in an illusion about Budapest at the same time.

Have one break out, distract Thanos while the other delivers the killing blow.

I just hope we havent seen the best bits.
wish they withheld starks presence with the team. one of the main questions was "is tony gonna make it?". Now we know.

although it could just be a dream
I doubt we have seen any best bits.

There's been no real interplay between the characters, no fights, no bad guy.

We haven't seen anything really.

As for Tony in the line up, remember when Infinity War trailers all had Hulk in Wakanda?

Could be misleading.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I doubt we have seen any best bits.

There's been no real interplay between the characters, no fights, no bad guy.

We haven't seen anything really.

As for Tony in the line up, remember when Infinity War trailers all had Hulk in Wakanda
?

Could be misleading.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

exactly. that's whjy i reckon its a dream sequence. Almost formulaic.

Glorious trailer. Loved the retro style flashbacks to Iron Man, Captain America, Thor etc. Right back to where it started.

The glimpses of the dystopian future also intrigue me. Fascinating to see a depiction of the future world with a catastrophic event like this.

The closing images are probably a ruse again. Nebula, Stark alongside the Avengers. Think there’s some clever deception at play here.

Anyway, great stuff. Truth be told I don’t need any trailers really, I’d see it today if I could.

Glorious trailer. Loved the retro style flashbacks to Iron Man, Captain America, Thor etc. Right back to where it started.

The glimpses of the dystopian future also intrigue me. Fascinating to see a depiction of the future world with a catastrophic event like this.

The closing images are probably a ruse again. Nebula, Stark alongside the Avengers. Think there’s some clever deception at play here.

Anyway, great stuff. Truth be told I don’t need any trailers really, I’d see it today if I could.

Retro - totally agree mate! So goooood! Reinforces that this IS the end game, by taking us back and making us remember the journey. I think it's like when people are facing the next stage of their life, the end, they remember their life and all the good or important things (im getting emotional right now).

Thinking beyond Endgame; the Fox buyout gives Marvel their best villains back. Guessing next arc is going to be fighting Dr Doom or Zemo with the Masters of Evil. Galactus is the only Thanos level villain I can think of, but fighting him kind of ends the franchise because how are you going to top that?

Could just be me but RDJ looks CGI’d into that last team lineup shot, or his face does. Plus you can’t see a chest plate on him.

He’s (arguably) the leader of the Avengers, no way he’s walking five deep. That’ll be Hulk and/or Cap Marvel there.

Thinking beyond Endgame; the Fox buyout gives Marvel their best villains back. Guessing next arc is going to be fighting Dr Doom or Zemo with the Masters of Evil. Galactus is the only Thanos level villain I can think of, but fighting him kind of ends the franchise because how are you going to top that?
Create a new bad guy. Not all characters have to come from existing comic books. Its not hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of Villains for single character movies to use though.

Unfortunately in CM they made Ronan look like a completely clownish useless gimp.

Could just be me but RDJ looks CGI’d into that last team lineup shot, or his face does. Plus you can’t see a chest plate on him.

He’s (arguably) the leader of the Avengers, no way he’s walking five deep. That’ll be Hulk and/or Cap Marvel there.

I doubt they’d go as far as deceiving us like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By that stage Marvel will have run out of characters to use, so theres only one logical solution

Reboot and origin movies of Iron Man, Captain America etc etc all over again

Keep in mind the Russos have been pretty adamant no more than the first half hour of the movie would be shown in the trailers. Considering it's near three hours that's a lot to squeeze in - exploring the after effects of the snap both on Earth and Tony/Nebula on the Benatar (and any Thanos exposition), finding Ant Man and Hawkeye who are also in that group plus Tony and having Nebula integrate into the team is a lot to get out of the way early, especially as you have to kind of assume Captain Marvel is in some way linked to bringing Tony back to Earth.

And they have to make those snazzy suits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back