Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge Marvel event overnight announcing lots that doesn't fit with the Age of Ultron thread, but can see this thread being popular over the next few years. So last night's announcements.

Solo Movies confirmed: Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel.

Avengers 3: Released in two parts. Called "Infinity War". Released May 4 2018 and 2019.

Thor 3: Titled "Ragnarok". Will apparently "reinvent Thor the way Cap 2 reinvented Steve"

Cumberbatch "not confirmed" yet for Doctor Strange.

Chadwick Boseman cast as Black Panther. Will appear in Cap 3.

Announced films w/ titles and release dates:

Avengers: Age of Ultron (Everyone, Joss Whedon) - May 1, 2015
Ant-Man (Paul Rudd, Corey Stoll, dir. Peyton Reed) - July 17, 2015
Captain America: Civil War (Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr, dir. Anthony & Joe Russo) - May 6, 2016
Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch, dir. Scott Derrickson) - November 4, 2016
Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2 (Chris Pratt, dir. James Gunn) - May 5, 2017
Spider-Man: Homecoming (Tom Holland, dir. Jon Watts) - July 7, 2017
Thor: Ragnarok (Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, dir. Taika Waititi) - November 3, 2017
Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman, dir. Ryan Coogler) - February 16, 2018
Avengers: Infinity War Part 1* (Everyone, dir. Anthony & Joe Russo) - May 4, 2018
Ant-Man and the Wasp (Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lily, dir. Peyton Reed) - July 6, 2018
Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019
Avengers: Infinity War Part 2* (Everyone, dir. Anthony & Joe Russo) - May 3, 2019

*Titles to be changed

Last edited:
B1ER2CKIIAAKq9f.jpg

B1ER19xIMAAqD9o.jpg

Jun 23, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
La Lakers
From 2015-2020, there will be an average of 3.5 superhero movies a year (DC and Marvel movies combined). And that's not counting the announced movies without a date or the unannounced movies such as Superman and Batman standalone movies. It's going to be an epic period for comic book and superhero fans.

From 2015-2020, there will be an average of 3.5 superhero movies a year (DC and Marvel movies combined). And that's not counting the announced movies without a date or the unannounced movies such as Superman and Batman standalone movies. It's going to be an epic period for comic book and superhero fans.
Lot of money riding on that bubble not bursting...

Plus X-Men, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man movies sprinkled in as well.

Jun 23, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
La Lakers
Plus X-Men, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man movies sprinkled in as well.

I've given up hope for Spider-Man after the Amazing Spider-Man 2 being horrible. X-Men is back to being great and Fantastic Four reboot could be good. But yeah totally forgot about X-Men and Fantastic Four. Can't blame people if they suffer from Superhero movie fatigue after all this.

I've given up hope for Spider-Man after the Amazing Spider-Man 2 being horrible. X-Men is back to being great and Fantastic Four reboot could be good. But yeah totally forgot about X-Men and Fantastic Four. Can't blame people if they suffer from Superhero movie fatigue after all this.
I haven't completely given up on it yet, but I have given up hope that Spider-Man will ever join the MCU. Even though it was an ordinary movie it still made over 700 million dollars and Sony just aren't going to give that up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't completely given up on it yet, but I have given up hope that Spider-Man will ever join the MCU. Even though it was an ordinary movie it still made over 700 million dollars and Sony just aren't going to give that up.

Allegedly they were not happy with that so pushed part 3 back to 2018 in favour of a sinister 6 movie.
Who knows if that were true maybe they did it for story reasons.

Anyway can you imagine down the s**t that would be lost if sony gave in and Andrew Garfield was announced to be in CA: civil war.

He would actually work well in that universe too I reckon. Might actually get to work with decent writers/directors.

Allegedly they were not happy with that so pushed part 3 back to 2018 in favour of a sinister 6 movie.

Anyway can you imagine down the s**t that would be lost if sony gave in and Andrew Garfield was announced to be in CA: civil war.

He would actually work well in that universe too I reckon. Might actually get to work with decent writers/directors.
I could see Andrew Garfield being brilliant as Spider-Man in the Avengers. He and RDJ would be hilarious.

Sep 30, 2003
Bunvegas
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia
Lot of money riding on that bubble not bursting...

With Marvel at least I think they've done a fairly good job of dipping their toes into various different genres that they're staying pretty fresh.

Captain America - WW2 Film (1), Spy thriller (2)
Iron Man - Out and out action (with plenty of amusing dialogue thrown in)
Thor - borderline fantasy
Guardians - sci fi/space opera/western (with plenty of amusing dialogue thrown in)

Guardians kind of sold me on their ability to carry it off - had no idea about the source material, but is one of my favourite movies of the year.

No doubt he'd work well but unfortunately I doubt it ever happens. Another character will be playing Spider-Man's role in civil war apparently.

As for sinister 6....as long as I don't have to sit through that bloody green goblin again I'm happy. If I have to see that god forsaken character again I'll be writing a very angry letter.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Have always been a DC man and will remain so, but have been impressed with the recent installments from the MCU. Looks like a very solid lineup in the years to come too.

I really do not want cumberbatch. Can't stand him

Really? Fantastic actor. Hoping to see him involved.

Yahooooo. Given that it's going to be an origins story I'm guessing he won't be popping up in any movies until then?

EDIT: Actually he was name dropped in Cap 3 so he could show up soon?

Last edited:
Yahooooo. Given that it's going to be an origins story I'm guessing he won't be popping up in any movies until then?

EDIT: Actually he was name dropped in Cap 3 so he could show up soon?
Might appear in the stinger of Cap 3. That's usually how Marvel operate.

Might appear in the stinger of Cap 3. That's usually how Marvel operate.
Yeah I just had a look at the timeline and saw that's the only other movie he could be in.

Looking forward to the magic side of things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back