Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a spin off but id love another Blade movie. Actually a Blade netflix show would have been the best way to go but that wont happen now.

Too bad Morbius is over with Sony, Blade would fit well in a Midnight Sons adaptation with Ghost Rider and Werewolf By Night.

Too bad Morbius is over with Sony, Blade would fit well in a Midnight Sons adaptation with Ghost Rider and Werewolf By Night.

I only found out last week there was a Morbius alternate ending in the first Blade movie. That could have been the start of their first cinematic universe.

What's the deal with Ghostrider? Did Marvel/Disney get him back?

Sent from mTalk

Marvel got the rights back when they also got back The Punisher, Blade and Luke Power.

The first one is arguably the best of all the origin stories.

I’m biased as hell (cap is my guy) but seriously this isn’t the worst marvel film by any sort of standard.

^^ all this

When I did my big watch to see all the MCU movies in 2016 the Iron Man movies were right near the bottom for me. Captain America, Thor and Loki, to a lesser degree Hulk (changing actors didn't help) felt like unique characters. What is Iron Man? Middle aged guy who acts like a 21-year-old at parties? Fine in doses in the ensemble movies but irritating on his own. Captain America lost his then present day, Thor lost family and his planet (or dimensional plain or whatever it was)... Tony Stark got his house blown up once or twice?

Last edited:
When I did my big watch to see all the MCU movies in 2016 the Iron Man movies were right near the bottom for me.
Same for me. Don't understand the appeal myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One way or another, a Guardians 3 is inevitable. I believe that’s where Warlock will be unveiled, plus there’s the possibility of Gamora’s revival to be occur in the third film rather than Endgame.

It will happen. Gunn’s dismissal isn’t insurmountable.
Its certainly not inevitable. Marvel doesnt need it and the second one was a bit of a let down. I reckon only about 50 percent chance right now. Dont underestimate the stubborness of actors and disney.

Its certainly not inevitable. Marvel doesnt need it and the second one was a bit of a let down. I reckon only about 50 percent chance right now. Dont underestimate the stubborness of actors and disney.

Don’t underestimate the lure of money.

The movie we really need is thor 4.

Or for them to finally do a hulk movie with this franchise.

I think they’ve realized how hard Hulk is to make work on the big screen. You either spend too much time with banner wanting the hulk or too much time with a big green cgi monster.

It’s a hard character to sell on its own

When I did my big watch to see all the MCU movies in 2016 the Iron Man movies were right near the bottom for me. Captain America, Thor and Loki, to a lesser degree Hulk (changing actors didn't help) felt like unique characters. What is Iron Man? Middle aged guy who acts like a 21-year-old at parties? Fine in doses in the ensemble movies but irritating on his own. Captain America lost his then present day, Thor lost family and his planet (or dimensional plain or whatever it was)... Tony Stark got his house blown up once or twice?

Stark is not dumb. He is the inventor of the tech remember. His arc is him overcoming himself.

Sent from mTalk

I think they’ve realized how hard Hulk is to make work on the big screen. You either spend too much time with banner wanting the hulk or too much time with a big green cgi monster.

I don't know enough to know, is the Hulk an alter ego, ala Batman or something, or is Bruce Banner not hiding it?

Sent from mTalk

True. Although they have figured out how to write the Hulk better now then during the standalones. The avengers and thor 3 I think showed it is possible to make the Hulk lovable by making him funny but also giving him an emotional backbone. Everyone seems to like Ruffalos banner too. Not so whiny now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back