Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know enough to know, is the Hulk an alter ego, ala Batman or something, or is Bruce Banner not hiding it?

Sent from mTalk

I’m actually not sure?

True. Although they have figured out how to write the Hulk better now then during the standalones. The avengers and thor 3 I think showed it is possible to make the Hulk lovable by making him funny but also giving him an emotional backbone. Everyone seems to like Ruffalos banner too. Not so whiny now.

I’m still not sure he would be able to hold a whole stand alone film. He’s best used in spurts in all the avengers films.

Universal own the rights to solo Hulk films not sure when they lapse though.
That’s right; there’s a complicated contract situation going on where they can use him in ensemble movies but have to share some profits on any solo movie (I think it’s to do with distribution). Disney don’t want to share profits and don’t feel an overwhelming need to do any more solo films.

Its probably silly, as all these movies are expensive, but I reckon Hulk would be a bit more expensive and intensive than most, with not much to gain.

Sent from mTalk

Point Break is one of the finest action movies ever and it's directed by a female.

Wonder Woman too ffs.

How ridiculous by Marvel. They'll then paint this up as a groundbreaking achieving for women everywhere and the sheep will eat it up, oblivious to the fact we are actually going backwards.

I'd be very interested to see Marvel's response to this.

Flip side, Martel is a very defined Spanish language "auteur" with little to none experience in English speaking films, big budget Hollywood or action sequences so clearly Marvel were thinking outside of the box trying to bring her in to give a particular vision to Black Widow... saying "don't worry about the action sequences" doesn't necessarily mean "you aren't doing them", it can also mean it isn't the focus and is something that they can work with her on down the track. Translation is key. If you say to a woman that's never sat behind the wheel of a car "don't worry about driving" it's not because she's a woman.

I'm sure Anna Boden hasn't been told, no, only Ryan Fleck can direct the action sequences in Captain Marvel.

Its not unheard of for action sequences to be directed by assistant directors or specific units. The car chase scene in Quantum of Solace wasnt directed by Marc Foster.

Im a bit sceptical of her stance given she then took the opportunity to s**t on the movies like she had a bone to pick before hand but im yet to read thre whole article.

I don’t think it’s confined to women either, it seems like Marvel were trying to control Jon Favreu too so he quit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Point Break is one of the finest action movies ever and it's directed by a female.

Wonder Woman too ffs.

How ridiculous by Marvel. They'll then paint this up as a groundbreaking achieving for women everywhere and the sheep will eat it up, oblivious to the fact we are actually going backwards.
I'd be very interested to see Marvel's response to this.

Flip side, Martel is a very defined Spanish language "auteur" with little to none experience in English speaking films, big budget Hollywood or action sequences so clearly Marvel were thinking outside of the box trying to bring her in to give a particular vision to Black Widow... saying "don't worry about the action sequences" doesn't necessarily mean "you aren't doing them", it can also mean it isn't the focus and is something that they can work with her on down the track. Translation is key. If you say to a woman that's never sat behind the wheel of a car "don't worry about driving" it's not because she's a woman.

I'm sure Anna Boden hasn't been told, no, only Ryan Fleck can direct the action sequences in Captain Marvel.

Funnily enough, I actually find the epic battle scenes to be among the most boring parts of Marvel movies. I hope the context was more along the lines of what TFW has suggested. I would really like to see a woman's take on some action scenes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IllfatedShrillKite

Remove this Banner Ad

Back