Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I have Wonder Woman as the best 'universe' comic movie. It will be funny if Aqauman can repeat the fluke, whilst Disney - Marvel keep churning out cheeseburgers.

Sent from mTalk
Wonder Woman was the only dc movie that wasnt a mess.

Pity as besides Luthor and Joker they had the casting spot on and the ideas were great.

But they were a mess.

Hopefully Aquaman gets them back on track.

Marvel at the moment knock it out the park way more often and I wouldnt call Infinity War a cheeseburger.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Wonder Woman was the only dc movie that wasnt a mess.

Pity as besides Luthor and Joker they had the casting spot on and the ideas were great.

But they were a mess.

Hopefully Aquaman gets them back on track.

Marvel at the moment knock it out the park way more often and I wouldnt call Infinity War a cheeseburger.

And even if Wonder Woman wasn't a total mess that first hour just meandered... was pretty close a few times to switching it off.

Aquaman and the upcoming Joker movie look like they have potential though.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
And even if Wonder Woman wasn't a total mess that first hour just meandered... was pretty close a few times to switching it off.

I didnt mind it. Was just happy that for once a DCEU film wasnt edited by someone with teretz.

Joker isnt DCEU, so probably doesnt further that prospect any.

Very interested in Shazam which is DCEU. The rumour was the the big blue boyscout was going to show up but they changed it with Cavill being uncertain. Could be a red herring.

Aquaman by all reports rights the ship again.

So that's what 2 from 5?

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda

If you were close to switching it off for the first hour id suggest your attention span is better suited to kids movies.

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
You missed out; it was a quality, well structured series.

That's why I genuinely asked the question. Considering a revisit.

So many good shows these days. Usually if I tune out it's without prejudice, especially for ostensibly excellent productions.

I find myself tuning out quickly if momentum in a series stalls nowadays as there's always another option.

Gave it 7 eps. But found my attention wavered.

If you were close to switching it off for the first hour id suggest your attention span is better suited to kids movies.

So super hero movies?

Nice avatar and username btw.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
So super hero movies?

Nice avatar and username btw.

Kinda goes without saying the super hero movies are family friendly. If you’re posting on here it’s safe to assume that you watch and for the most part want to watch them, so the comparison starts from there. WW was hardly wandering into the “turn it off territory”

Kinda goes without saying the super hero movies are family friendly. If you’re posting on here it’s safe to assume that you watch and for the most part want to watch them, so the comparison starts from there. WW was hardly wandering into the “turn it off territory”

Well I got to disagree and from what I've been told from many people who watched and enjoyed WW is that is kicks off about half way in, can't blame someone for not sticking with it, I didn't even last half way, turned it off much sooner as for me half hour in it felt like JL. I'll go back when the new one comes out.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors

It might not have been an hour but it felt like one. I found the Themyscira origin stuff to be weary (but at that I wasn't coming into the movie a Wonder Woman novice) and I was already doing it half hearted after being disappointed by the previous abortions that had established the DCEU. It perked up a little when Pine came in and I was settled by the time the WW1 sequences began. It's an ok movie with some solid parts but it's buoyed by the fact its the best movie in a series of terrible ones.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
That's why I genuinely asked the question. Considering a revisit.

So many good shows these days. Usually if I tune out it's without prejudice, especially for ostensibly excellent productions.

I find myself tuning out quickly if momentum in a series stalls nowadays as there's always another option.

Gave it 7 eps. But found my attention wavered.
To be fair, I really enjoyed the first few episodes, they were structured so well, each one felt like a chapter in a book. If you didn't like those episodes, we may just like different things. But I really enjoyed it, liked most of the characters by the end, and the finale was brutal and fun. But I agree, there's plenty of good shows that you don't need to stick around for ones that aren't much chop.

Given we know S2 will be its last, at least you can watch it knowing it has an end point (it's about the only reason I'm considering watching Iron Fist S2, because 1 was so dire).

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
I'm not comparing DCU to MCU, but I do honestly believe though while Marvel have settled in to a rhythm, if it wasn't for the DC shitshow, they wouldn't have been able to pull a gem like Wonder Woman out.

I think its easily in top 5 'universe' movies.

Sent from mTalk

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
the villain in WW was lulz

Really didn’t need to see all of those close ups of his face in the final battle, it really lost me for a few moments there. That’d be my main problem with it, fantastic movie otherwise.

Wonder Woman is rated like Black Panther purely because it was different from the norm. Both average at best.

Come at me.

Didn’t really rate Black Panther too highly. Serviceable but on a Marvel scale, it’s quite down the list for me.

First 2 thirds were strong, however it went off the rails a tad when Creed took over Wakanda. Seemed to skip over some key details and his plans for world domination didn’t make much sense.

Really didn’t need to see all of those close ups of his face in the final battle, it really lost me for a few moments there. That’d be my main problem with it, fantastic movie otherwise.

Didn’t really rate Black Panther too highly. Serviceable but on a Marvel scale, it’s quite down the list for me.

First 2 thirds were strong, however it went off the rails a tad when Creed took over Wakanda. Seemed to skip over some key details and his plans for world domination didn’t make much sense.

Both movies were well over-hyped for being unique (lead by a woman and the majority of the cast being African) which catapulted both to amazing heights but the movies themselves in isolation weren't great, in the same category as Furious 7, if Paul Walker didn't die it wouldn't have got close to a billion. I cry everytime when I hear it made over 1.5 billion at the box office.

Wonder Woman is rated like Black Panther purely because it was different from the norm. Both average at best.

Come at me.

BP was different you're right. Did you see suddenly african americans started identifying themselves as wakandans? It was strange and confusing at times

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Both movies were well over-hyped for being unique (lead by a woman and the majority of the cast being African) which catapulted both to amazing heights but the movies themselves in isolation weren't great, in the same category as Furious 7, if Paul Walker didn't die it wouldn't have got close to a billion. I cry everytime when I hear it made over 1.5 billion at the box office.

I may be mistaken, but didn’t you say you haven’t seen Wonder Woman?

I cry everytime when I hear it made over 1.5 billion at the box office.
Is that because it reminds you that Paul Walker died?

I may be mistaken, but didn’t you say you haven’t seen Wonder Woman?

I got around 45 mins in I reckon, or at least just prior to it "becoming good". I saw enough to turn off a superhero movie, a rarity.

Back