Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Contemplating a Marvel marathon in the lead up, granted I might do a half arsed marathon and NOT watch the Marvel movies that I don't care for or didn't really enjoy (so basically just watch Captain America: The First Avenger and then Infinity War j/k :p). Granted I've already botched the order and sat through Incredible Hulk which just finished - already out of sequence no matter what movie I watch next :p.

I've got annual leave booked around Easter which also shoots through when End Game is released...... HAPPY DAYS :D (even more so as I thought school holidays clashed - meaning I'd be stuck in a full cinema. But schools go back THAT week so I should be blessed with a near empty cinema when I go to see it).

Keep in mind the Russos have been pretty adamant no more than the first half hour of the movie would be shown in the trailers. Considering it's near three hours that's a lot to squeeze in - exploring the after effects of the snap both on Earth and Tony/Nebula on the Benatar (and any Thanos exposition), finding Ant Man and Hawkeye who are also in that group plus Tony and having Nebula integrate into the team is a lot to get out of the way early, especially as you have to kind of assume Captain Marvel is in some way linked to bringing Tony back to Earth.

And they have to make those snazzy suits.

Luckily rocket knows nebula is on their side. But i expect there to be some anger especially when cap and earthlings find out shes the spawn of thanny. But it looks like they all get a long

Contemplating a Marvel marathon in the lead up, granted I might do a half arsed marathon and NOT watch the Marvel movies that I don't care for or didn't really enjoy (so basically just watch Captain America: The First Avenger and then Infinity War j/k :p). Granted I've already botched the order and sat through Incredible Hulk which just finished - already out of sequence no matter what movie I watch next :p.

I've got annual leave booked around Easter which also shoots through when End Game is released...... HAPPY DAYS :D (even more so as I thought school holidays clashed - meaning I'd be stuck in a full cinema. But schools go back THAT week so I should be blessed with a near empty cinema when I go to see it).
Speaking of Incredible Hulk they should have showed Ed Norton when they were doing the flashbacks in the second trailer

Retro - totally agree mate! So goooood! Reinforces that this IS the end game, by taking us back and making us remember the journey. I think it's like when people are facing the next stage of their life, the end, they remember their life and all the good or important things (im getting emotional right now).

Their usage of red with an otherwise black and white tone was an excellent touch. Great stuff.

Nice callbacks to the earlier films, and a good way for Marvel to cut a trailer to escalate the hype (not that they needed to) without really revealing anything significant.

To me the major take away was the quantum suits, but that was almost a given anyway after the realm was introduced in Ant Man 2 last year.

3odu3npvbjx11.jpg

Wonder how iron man will go wearing his iron suit and another one. Hot and sweaty

Could just be me but RDJ looks CGI’d into that last team lineup shot, or his face does. Plus you can’t see a chest plate on him.

He’s (arguably) the leader of the Avengers, no way he’s walking five deep. That’ll be Hulk and/or Cap Marvel there.

He's not 5 deep, he's to the left of Cap in the first shot. They just edited it to have him shown last. You can see Nebula behind him in that shot, while in Cap's shot, she's behind someone who is left of Cap, but face is blocked by Cap.

He's not 5 deep, he's to the left of Cap in the first shot. They just edited it to have him shown last. You can see Nebula behind him in that shot, while in Cap's shot, she's behind someone who is left of Cap, but face is blocked by Cap.

Fair enough, but my other points stand.

Why is War Machine in a bulked up suit but Tony is normal?

So James Gunn re-instated, I mean why bother firing him in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm guessing they weren't expecting the outrage.

They probably thought that due to the way things work these days there would be outrage of they kept him on.

Found out otherwise and so rehired him

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently people are....wait for it.....OUTRAGED about this poster because Danai Guriras name isnt up top.

It has been rectified

Is there outrage? Or are a handful of people making noise on Twitter. That said, when you name every single character on a poster except one, it's hard not to be insulted.

Personally, I wouldn't have any secondary characters up top of a poster, so on your bike Don Cheadle and Karen Gillian.

Fair enough, but my other points stand.

Why is War Machine in a bulked up suit but Tony is normal?

That's the way they've been going with their suits anyway. Tony is using nanotech now and his suit just forms over him. War Machine is just getting bulkier because... War Machine, he needs to look like a chunky badass. :p

It's kind of unprecedented though, isn't it? Rehiring a director sacked for what he was sacked for.

I wonder if Disney have adjusted from the sackings of the numerous Star Wars directors.

It's kind of unprecedented though, isn't it? Rehiring a director sacked for what he was sacked for.

I wonder if Disney have adjusted from the sackings of the numerous Star Wars directors.
The Star Wars sackings were simply creative/business decisions. This one was a forced hand; they really should have held their nerve in the first place, but that said, his rehiring doesn't seem to be causing much waves, so maybe getting the 'good PR' initially and riding out the controversy has worked to their benefits.

Is there outrage? Or are a handful of people making noise on Twitter. That said, when you name every single character on a poster except one, it's hard not to be insulted.

Personally, I wouldn't have any secondary characters up top of a poster, so on your bike Don Cheadle and Karen Gillian.

Handful indeed. But news orgs and other sites make it sound like its End Game

The Star Wars sackings were simply creative/business decisions. This one was a forced hand; they really should have held their nerve in the first place, but that said, his rehiring doesn't seem to be causing much waves, so maybe getting the 'good PR' initially and riding out the controversy has worked to their benefits.

The hand wasn't forced at all, it was a complete overreaction.

The Star Wars ones are creative decisions but given mixed reception to TLJ (Which didn't fit with CT's third movie, hence cya later) and underwhelming reception to Solo, and the Rogue One reshoots which might have worked but also maybe it was a strong enough movie anyway, they have decided to stick fat now.

GOTG3 was never going to be made without Gunn involved. Backing down on this issue was worth the Billion dollar film that he is going to make.

Interesting that THR stated Disney hadn’t even approached a replacement director. Perhaps they were always going to reappoint Gunn once the furore subsided.

Firing him at the time was probably the essential PR move they had to make, they had to be seen to be doing something.

But now 8 months have passed, it’s almost forgotten news. Captain Marvel has been released and dominating the box office, Endgame trailer is out and hype is through the roof with the movie only a month and a bit away. A good time to slip Gunn back into the chair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back