Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour was that the 2nd Black Panther film would have him as the “bad”.

But that was before Boseman passed away. So who knows.

Would’ve been an excellent fit, I recall reading Coogler would draw upon Coates’ A Nation Under Our Feet for the story. It was almost written by the time Boseman passed away. Ironically some themes from within that would still work, Shuri becoming Queen of Wakanda for example.

However it is a real shame that it won’t be the original vision as intended of Wakanda/Atlantis. That film has now commenced production I believe. Will be very tightly guarded given the circumstances.

There was a tease for him in Endgame I think wasn't there?
Earthquake in the ocean off Africa's coast or something?

Good pick up, yes Okoye mentioned this and something along the lines of Wakanda “will investigate”. I giggled with glee in the cinema.

There’s some theories about that Namor and Strange, and Mr Fantastic all appearing will lead to the Illuminati hitting the MCU.

Scarlett Jo talking about how it was wrong to sexualise Black Widow in Iron Man 2.

Ummm... That was very self aware and the point at the time? That she infiltrated Tony's circle by exploiting his womanising nature? And then it turned out she was an arse kicker and it never happens again?

Is the industry not even allowed plot points and character growth anymore?

And no matter what, a fit female in a skin tight suit will always be sexualised by the audience. It would be against human nature for nobody to walk away from that and think 'she was hot'.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Scarlett Jo talking about how it was wrong to sexualise Black Widow in Iron Man 2.

Ummm... That was very self aware and the point at the time? That she infiltrated Tony's circle by exploiting his playboy nature? And then it turned out she was an arse kicker and it never happens again?

This is exactly what I thought too.

Ummm... That was very self aware and the point at the time? That she infiltrated Tony's circle by exploiting his womanising nature? And then it turned out she was an arse kicker and it never happens again?

Is the industry not even allowed plot points and character growth anymore?

And no matter what, a fit female in a skin tight suit will always be sexualised by the audience. It would be against human nature for nobody to walk away from that and think 'she was hot'.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Yes, she was playing the "honeypot" role to get close to a known womaniser. Then dropped that charade and hasnt done it again with him.

And if they wanted to reduce the sexualisation of black widow maybe a bit less 3rd base scissoring when she's taking down her opponents?

I'm starting to think that many of the people working on Marvel movies actually hate the Marvel Universe and its history.

They so often take good characters and make them shitty shells of what they are.

RIP Tony Masters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched a bootlegged trailer of the new Spider Man movie. Holy crap I’m excited. Tobey, Andrew and Tom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a "decent" fan made fake going around with scenes from the older Spiderman movies (seems more authentic because it's positioned as being filmed off a cinema screen) but the talk is there won't be any trailers for this movie at all.

Just watched a bootlegged trailer of the new Spider Man movie. Holy crap I’m excited. Tobey, Andrew and Tom!

Edit: damnit it was fake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought it was fake. Oh, I see your edit now.

I invite you to come to the what if thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back