2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Belmont for me, it was mostly people my age so around 18-25 years old and I reckon that played a huge part in people being more into it, wouldn't get that at a family screening. My first time going to a midnight show and I don't regret it one bit, probably my best theatre experience ever.

I saw Episode 1 midnight screening at Innaloo, that was epico

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Havent seen No Way Home yet but on the Endgame/Inifinty War discussion...

I think Infinity War is a better film but Endgame pulled off the almost impossible. To have such a satisfying, climactic ending to the MCU run was truly incredible. To me that elevates it in the MCU canon but if im watching one or the other as a "stand alone" Infinity War is better.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Endgame is great start to finish but Infinity is brilliant, I actually don't like the first third at all but the next two and the balls to end on that cliffhanger ending for a year make it excellent to me.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Infinity War still has the edge for me. From the point they reach Wakanda onwards, some of the greatest moments of all time for superhero movies.

Both films are too bloated to be classics.

Bloated only by standard movie practice but they were always planned to be full movies, you dont have a comic book sized roster like Marvel and NOT have them all involved.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
When Thor arrives on Wakanda is epic love that bit

That’s the cherry on top, yes. So many brilliant moments before and after that as well. Entering Wakanda. The King saying “get this man a shield”. Yibambe. Groot finishing the forge of stormbreaker. Ripping out the mind stone from Vision’s head. The snap. And then facing Gamora in the soul realm. That movie really is something else, it’s glorious.

When Thor arrives on Wakanda is epic love that bit

It's nuts, hair on my neck stands up every time I watch it.

Then you feel like you can run through walls after seeing them all charge into battle.

Truly epic comic book scene.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Both films are too bloated to be classics.

Honestly, I didn't think either were bloated and lived up to the hype. Maybe the Hulk stuff in Endgame was annoying

Need to re watch. IW was probably better

The “thinking man Hulk” was really off-putting to me. Although he was a valued character in the story and had some fun moments, I just found the whole concept of him looking like he did and being so Un-hulk-like really s**t.

Really enjoyed the new spidey. Shits all over the recent trash they've put out. Hoping they keep it separate from 10 rings and eternals TBH. Had a good crowd in the audience. People clapping and cheering at times. Added to the atmosphere nicely.
I had a couple of completely over the top people in my showing.

One kept stamping her feet, clapping excitedly and repeating lines out loud and then she would laugh at them.

I wanted to throw my sundae at her.

One kept stamping her feet, clapping excitedly and repeating lines out loud and then she would laugh at them.

I hate that in the cinematic world. especially. repeating lines, it's very much "look at me" behaviour.

the cinema where i viewed this luckily did not contain such persons. In fact the patrons were quiet and engaged respectfully

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

Plenty of screaming and cheering in the cinema I was in, thankfully not as over the top or distracting as your experience. One highlight for me was a group of kids in front of me, probably aged around 9-11 (will use spoilers just incase)

they were almost chanting for Miles to come, at the moment Electro made reference to a black Spider-Man. They were saying to each other “please come Miles, he’s talking about Miles!” etc etc. Three young white boys cheering for a black Spider-Man, I loved it. Very cool to see.

I hate that in the cinematic world. especially. repeating lines, it's very much "look at me" behaviour.

the cinema where i viewed this luckily did not contain such persons. In fact the patrons were quiet and engaged respectfully

O5o9ie.gif

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Finally got around to watching Black Widow and Shang Chi a couple of days ago, didn't like Black Widow, it's kinda meh, Shang Chi I thought was pretty good though.

Also the Hawkeye TV show is slowly becoming my favourite of the D+ shows .

Finally got around to watching Black Widow and Shang Chi a couple of days ago, didn't like Black Widow, it's kinda meh, Shang Chi I thought was pretty good though.

Agreed, If they stick the landing I think Hawkeye will be my fav too.

Better than Loki and Wandavision?!

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Better than Loki and Wandavision?!
WandaVision is still my favourite right now although the last few episodes were pretty lacklustre, and an unpopular opinion, I didn't like Loki outside of the last episode, Loki just bored me to death.

It's definitely possible, I wanna see how they use a certain character in this final episode and see how they set him up for the future, but I think the chemistry between Renner and Steinfeld has been fantastic.

Back