glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
How cool would it be if they made Thanos from a different multiverse a member of the illuminati council so Strange could have a freak out...

Have you seen the T’Challa/Starlord episode of What If? Won’t spoil it just incase. There’s an excellent usage of Thanos in that universe that I was reminded of from your post.

Have you seen the T’Challa/Starlord episode of What If? Won’t spoil it just incase. There’s an excellent usage of Thanos in that universe that I was reminded of from your post.

Havnt seen them yet but have read all their plot lines, intend to watch them eventually, and yeah Multiverse would let them do whatever they want to really. Could even redo Ultron and do it better.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Havnt seen them yet but have read all their plot lines, intend to watch them eventually, and yeah Multiverse would let them do whatever they want to really. Could even redo Ultron and do it better.

Would highly recommend that episode in particular, Chadwick Boseman was brilliant as usual. Interesting you mentioned Ultron, he too was used in a very unique and effective way. The voice actor in place of James Spader wasn’t quite the same however.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Started a rewatch of the MCU with my kid, got through Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and Thor so far. All pretty good on the rewatch without being great. Controversial call is that I preferred Iron Man 2 on the rewatch to Iron Man. Maybe I'd forgotten more about it, but found the dual villains both interesting. Iron Man seemed a bit slow to get going. Thor's a bit patchy as well but was fun to watch, liked the cast. Captain America and Avengers up next before a breather.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Not necessarily the best of the Disney+ shows overall, but in terms of the best moment/scene, for me it’s the Dora Milaje handing Walker’s ass to him. Holy s**t that was good. Outstanding.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Nothing inherently wrong with Hawkeye but I felt it tried to do too much and didn't stick the landing at all. Falcon and the Winter Soldier was probably more uneven overall, but I felt the ending was more satisfying. I wasn't entirely enthused by Loki mid-season, but I enjoyed the ending a lot and what it opened up in terms of storytelling. If pushed, I'd probably go...

1. Loki
2. WandaVision
3. FaWS/Hawkeye

Daredevil still better than them all.

Nothing inherently wrong with Hawkeye but I felt it tried to do too much and didn't stick the landing at all. Falcon and the Winter Soldier was probably more uneven overall, but I felt the ending was more satisfying. I wasn't entirely enthused by Loki mid-season, but I enjoyed the ending a lot and what it opened up in terms of storytelling. If pushed, I'd probably go...

1. Loki
2. WandaVision
3. FaWS/Hawkeye

Daredevil still better than them all.

I'd swap 1 & 2 personally, but agreed otherwise.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The Illuminati rumors won’t go away.

Moon Knight and She Hulk trailers can’t be far off.

Ethan Hawke’s character has been kept well under wraps so far for Moon Knight, am hoping the eventual trailer doesn’t reveal him just yet. Rumours vary from Dracula to Sun King. The tone looked good from its teaser, this is the way to do Spector properly. It needs to be that dark.

So I decided to watch all four of the live action MCU series on Disney+ over the past four days, and as a fan with an interest but not as hardcore as some others (I am not familiar with comic book plot lines, I haven't watched any movie more than twice)...

1. Wandavision
2. Loki
3. Hawkeye
4. Falcon and the Winter Soldier

The gap between 1 and 3 is smaller than the gap between 3 and 4 imo. Wandavision's opener alone set it apart, I was captivated by the end of the first episode (I loved the sitcom themes running throughout, and we got a great backstory on Wanda and Vision) whereas the others took a while to get into. Terrifically acted too in comparison to the many other series. FatWS had that amazing action scene in the opener and then just became tepid, we probably needed more Daniel Bruhl. The middle two were more than passable but I wouldn't rewatch - I do however credit the secondary characters in each of the first three for doing their jobs well, they are all fine additions to the MCU (Agnes, Mobius and Kate respectively).

FatWS also reminded me that Anthony Mackie really cannot act his way out of a wet paper bag. I have not yet seen a good series or movie where he was the headline actor. I won't be watching a FatWS season 2 unless reviews really are strong.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
So I decided to watch all four of the live action MCU series on Disney+ over the past four days, and as a fan with an interest but not as hardcore as some others (I am not familiar with comic book plot lines, I haven't watched any movie more than twice)...

1040972.gif

Ms. Marvel (Disney+ Series, Summer 2022)
Moon Knight (Disney+ Series, 2022)
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Movie, May 6, 2022)
She-Hulk (Disney+ Series, 2022)
Thor: Love and Thunder (Movie, July 8, 2022)
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (Movie, November 11, 2022)
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (Disney+ Series, December 2022)
What If...? Season 2 (Disney+ Series, 2022)
Secret Invasion (Disney+ Series, 2022)

Ms. Marvel (Disney+ Series, Summer 2022)
Moon Knight (Disney+ Series, 2022)
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Movie, May 6, 2022)
She-Hulk (Disney+ Series, 2022)
Thor: Love and Thunder (Movie, July 8, 2022)
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (Movie, November 11, 2022)
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (Disney+ Series, December 2022)
What If...? Season 2 (Disney+ Series, 2022)
Secret Invasion (Disney+ Series, 2022)

Back