Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Probably be Ali for Blade now wouldnt it? Snipes is Radioactive in Hollywood.
I reckon this will be Ali’s debut, but there will be crossovers.

Snipes has bobbed up in a few things lately so I don’t think he’s been fully cancelled (as much as he’s probably earned it). Given the subject matter I wouldn’t exclude the possibility.

No but he’s also black and held to a much higher standard than your average white actors scandal.

hinestky the on set stuff with Goyer likely did more damage than the tax stuff, if you’re interested it’s worth googling it, really amusing story.

I knew the tax stuff and had heard about the Blade Trinity behaviour ages ago but forgot about it to be honest. I thought it must have been something new as he has kinda been working lately. But mainly with Eddie Murphy who I guess just funds his own projects and can hire whoever he wants.

I see Snipes has been denying the accusations from Patton but Goyer hasnt. Didnt confirm either I guess but seems like it happened.

I reckon this will be Ali’s debut, but there will be crossovers.

Snipes has bobbed up in a few things lately so I don’t think he’s been fully cancelled (as much as he’s probably earned it). Given the subject matter I wouldn’t exclude the possibility.

Ah ok. I just assumed Snipes since they are going that path with the other actors. It would be weird to introduce Ali in this movie though if you are going back to the other actors.

Its hard to avoid spoilers and leaks these days but some ahole youtuber was putting plot points in his youtube thumbnails and titles. Then saying spoilers inside. Yeah thanks alot dickhead.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ah ok. I just assumed Snipes since they are going that path with the other actors. It would be weird to introduce Ali in this movie though if you are going back to the other actors.

Its hard to avoid spoilers and leaks these days but some ahole youtuber was putting plot points in his youtube thumbnails and titles. Then saying spoilers inside. Yeah thanks alot dickhead.
Getting harder and harder to avoid.

Another thing with Snipes is he was all but confirmed as having been the actor the punched Halle Berry so hard she lost hearing in one ear, but despite all of this he’s just been in a Netflix series 🤷‍♂️.

Not even close IMO.

Watched Eternals tonight.

Black Widow was pointless, but this was downright garbage.

Acting/direction/writing all sub par. It has a brief period of being decent at the hour mark but fell in a s**t heap again.

Worst of any DC or Marvel film by a long way IMO.

Last edited:
Just finished Eternals.

It was okay. There really is nothing much more to say. The lead couple had no chemistry at all. Unoriginal plot. Inherent problems with introducing a dozen characters at once and then trying to flesh it out. Not a single laugh either, which I at least got some out of Black Widow and Captain Marvel.

I won't be rewatching it.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Between Snipes and casting Mel Gibson as well, the conspiracy theory that Expendables 3 leaked before release to hurt the box office doesn't seem that far fetched to me.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

The MCU is on life support imo

Shang Chi was good. I also enjoyed Wandavision, Loki and Hawkeye.

The key is to do things different, Eternals was more of the same and was bogged down by too many characters and a cliched storyline.

Moon Knight trailer due to drop in the next 24hours.

Lots of casting rumors about F4 and it seems an announcement might be imminent.

The MCU is on life support imo
Dude, they're going to unleash Namor, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Blade, Nova, Adam Warlock, Mutants..... as long as they keep bringing big characters from the comics to life they're not going anywhere.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Watched Eternals tonight.

Black Widow was pointless, but this was downright garbage.

Acting/direction/writing all sub par. It has a brief period of being decent at the hour mark but fell in a sh*t heap again.

Worst of any DC or Marvel film by a long way IMO.
...It wasnt good but this is extreme. WW84, BvS, Justice League, Suicide Squad all at least as bad if not worse.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
LOL 😉😁

What they did in their first decade won't be topped. They're already on shakey ground.

Give it 5 years before they send an SOS to bring Iron Man and Captain America back to revive a flagging brand.
What they did in their first decade an a bit was absolutely unprecedented, they probably wont top that but they dont have to do they?

By all means discuss that the quality is declining (Id say Spiderman No Way Home probably puts that argument to bed) but saying its on life support is silly, its got literally billions of dollars coming its way just in the slate of stuff already announced.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
LOL 😉😁

What they did in their first decade won't be topped. They're already on shakey ground.

Give it 5 years before they send an SOS to bring Iron Man and Captain America back to revive a flagging brand.

Having seen what Feige has done with the Avengers Disney will be licking their fat mouse lips at what he can do with mutants.

Back