Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Am struggling a bit with the Universe post End Game.

IMO the recent movies Black Widow, Shang Chi, Spiderman NWH and Eternals have all been pretty meh. Although Shang Chi was good, I still feel like these are a far cry from the movies leading up to the End Game arc.

Seeing Doctor Strange MoM this weekend, but based on the trailers I don't have huge hopes for Thor L&T.

Shang Chi and No Way Home were good to great movies - the former for the diversity and telling a new story, the latter for the multiverse opening up and of course the cameos.

Personally I was underwhelmed by Black Widow, Eternals and Dr Strange 2 compared to those two.

If Taika Waititi is involved it should be good, I have high hopes for Thor 4.

Shang Chi and No Way Home were good to great movies.

Personally I was underwhelmed by Black Widow, Eternals and Dr Strange 2 compared to those two.

If Taika Waititi is involved it should be good, I have high hopes for Thor 4.
Agree on Shang Chi, for me the best of the recent movies.
Didn't love the recent Spiderman, nothing compared to the earlier ones with Holland.

Agree on Shang Chi, for me the best of the recent movies.
Didn't love the recent Spiderman, nothing compared to the earlier ones with Holland.

Perhaps shaded indeed by the first two Tom Holland ones but still a strong entry, definitely compared to the others. Eternals was incredibly mediocre imo.

You are correct in that a whole host of fans are possibly getting Marvel-ed out. I think the magic of the infinity saga will never be recaptured.

Perhaps shaded indeed by the first two Tom Holland ones but still a strong entry, definitely compared to the others. Eternals was incredibly mediocre imo.

You are correct in that a whole host of fans are possibly getting Marvel-ed out. I think the magic of the infinity saga will never be recaptured.
Agreed, the strong cast of classic Marvel heroes at their peak (Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain Amarica, Spiderman) combined with an elite supporting cast of heroes, a lot of great entry movies, an epic Universal demise plot with catastrophic consequences, and one of the best build ups and resolutions I've seen in a movie arc.

Really don't see how Marvel can match that whole experience again.

Id say they should start with some time away to start. Iron Man started in 08 and the infinty saga ended in 2019.

Draw up how youre going to frame the team, who remains, who is new, who is the leader and who gets their own films.

It all feels a bit slap dash at the moment to cash in, which i completely get, but Eternals may as well have happened in an alternate universe, Shang Chi has already lost its steam because of 14 TV shows after it.

They dont feel like event films when there is anew disney plus model every few weeks.

They went bang with there Aces early (Iron Man,Thor, Cap, Spidey etc) big names we already loved, and spent time developing them with a well told beautiful arc.
The problem is the next wave of characters I feel, many of them are just Meh. Although did rate the Shang Chi movie, having known nothing about him.

How they introduce the X Men could be huge to spark everything back up.

I watched Dr Strange 2 last week. It was very mehh.
You knew Wanda wasn’t going to die, neither was Wong or Strange or the girl.
Rachel Adams as well was never in doubt.
Just felt like we set up the arc for Wanda’s story being closed off and for Strange - well it was all just really underwhelming. Extra eye and all.

Strange without an Infinity Stone doesn’t carry the same kick.

I mean he was much better in Spider-Man one movie ago but maybe because he was a supporting cast member?

And Dr Strange 1 shits all over number 2.

Even Wanda kind of fell off acting wise. She was much better in her tv series whereas in this movie her performance felt rushed or even forced.

Basically not looking to sit down and watch that movie again any time soon.

Last edited:
Id say they should start with some time away to start.
Probably not a bad idea... even just a year or two break would draw a line under the storytelling and start afresh.

That said, try telling a business that had one film almost hit $2 billion and another knocking on the door of $1 billion this year alone that the demand isn't there.

Last edited:

I personally feel IMHO that nothing in the MCU will defeat the saga that was infinity wars. Like love, your first time is always memorable. The scale of the saga is something we have not seen.

Basically the I.S could destroy movies on a scale hither to undreamt of

I personally feel IMHO that nothing in the MCU will defeat the saga that was infinity wars. Like love, your first time is always memorable. The scale of the saga is something we have not seen.

Basically the I.S could destroy movies on a scale hither to undreamt of

Did you seriously just say "hitherto undreamt of?"

I see what you did there :D

Thor arriving in Wakanda is still the moment for me, even eclipsing Avengers Assemble imo.

Can understand why some are experiencing the fatigue they are. There’s a lot of content to consider.

Thor 4 will still deliver, it’s Taika. He rarely misses. Plus the classification contains a warning for “partial nudity” :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched Dr Strange 2 last week. It was very mehh.
You knew Wanda wasn’t going to die, neither was Wong or Strange or the girl.
Rachel Adams as well was never in doubt.
Just felt like we set up the arc for Wanda’s story being closed off and for Strange - well it was all just really underwhelming. Extra eye and all.

Strange without an Infinity Stone doesn’t carry the same kick.

I mean he was much better in Spider-Man one movie ago but maybe because he was a supporting cast member?

And Dr Strange 1 shits all over number 2.

Even Wanda kind of fell off acting wise. She much better in her tv series whereas in this movie her performance felt rushed on forced.

Basically not looking to sit down and watch that movie again any time soon.
Agree. It was a dud. Something went really wrong with that movie despite having a great cast to work with.

Agree. It was a dud. Something went really wrong with that movie despite having a great cast to work with.
I think the ‘end of the world’ factor is growing tiresome but even all the famous cameos and subsequent deaths just felt out of place. Also I feel like Lokis season 2 will be more interesting than whatever Strange2 could muster.

Making an avenger fight another avenger doesn’t carry the same excitement when we’ve already had Civil War.

I still think Thor4 and GOTG3 will be top notch though.

Plus the classification contains a warning for “partial nudity:D
Thor's arse I assume to not be pixelated like the trailers... what a thirst trap :tearsofjoy:

Thor's arse I assume to not be pixelated like the trailers... what a thirst trap :tearsofjoy:

I can only dream he turns around.

911810.gif

Doesn't the Multiverse kinda destroy the point of these movies now?

Everything can happen, nobody can technically die, everything can be reset or adjusted to suit whatever they want.

It's a cool concept, but I think it's also a mess.
basically like movies where the whole saga happens, action, death, romance......sad ending then it fades to black and suddenly pans out to show the main character who died opening his or her eyes...it was all a dream

Everything can happen, nobody can technically die, everything can be reset or adjusted to suit whatever they want.

It opens a lot of possibilities but one of them is absolutely that there are no stakes anymore.

It opens a lot of possibilities but one of them is absolutely that there are no stakes anymore.
Spot on.
Rated strange 2 as average for this very reason.

Nothing was ever at stake and I honestly couldn’t care less if the other earths Rachel McAdams perished.

I mean after they fixed the same issue at the end of Spider-Man we then get the same issue here.

For some reason Loki can handle the multiverse much better than Strange can in a movie. Strange 2 was pointless other than to give him a 3rd eye and wrap up Wanda’s arc. Thought Wanda deserved better tbh.

100% agree, not a fan of the multiverse arc at all.

Not only because of all of the above, but it gives the writers the ultimate get out of jail free card to just throw whatever they want in whenever they want because: Multiverse.

It means there's really no consequences for their writing and the way they take the characters and the world because they can completely flip it randomly and just change everything up under the justification of the Multiverse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back