Marvel origin comics

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
My 5 yr old loves superheros particularly the Avengers (at least the ones that are getting all the cartoons at the moment). He's got cartoons and books but what he's never seen are the original comics that started it all.

Does anyone know if there are any good collections of some of their origin stories? More recent reboots could work if they're not too violent but what I really want is some of the first and maybe important storylines to show him some of the history of the comics.

My 5 yr old loves superheros particularly the Avengers (at least the ones that are getting all the cartoons at the moment). He's got cartoons and books but what he's never seen are the original comics that started it all.

Does anyone know if there are any good collections of some of their origin stories? More recent reboots could work if they're not too violent but what I really want is some of the first and maybe important story lines to show him some of the history of the comics.

Hey Quokka,
I was perusing the comic section of BF for the first time and stumbled across this. I've been collecting comics from the Marvel universe since I was your sons age and 20 years later I've picked up a few things which hopefully I can pass on. The best option for your son would be for you to pick him up a TPB (Trade Paper Back) which is a collection of comics which cover a whole storyline. They are in vogue at the moment so there are plenty around.

In terms of story lines you could try looking for the Kree-Skrull war or Ultron Unlimited. It really doesn't matter much, he will devour any story lines. The mainstream comics all tend to be very PG so you shouldn't be too concerned about violence.

The best place to pick them up in Perth (if you are Perth based) would be comiczone on Barrack Street or Quality Comics on Hay street, even if you ask in with the guys who work there they should be able to help out further.

Hopefully that helps!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back