Marvel stadium in a few words

Remove this Banner Ad

Same s**t as Colonial only 20 years older and still .. well....s**t.

GO Catters

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
What is it at the Docklands that Melbourne people don't like? As a visitor once or twice a season I love going to the Docklands to watch footy, it's a great viewing ground and thats kinda all I am looking for as a spectator.
What is it that makes it so unpopular with the locals?

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good to have a 50,000 seater with a roof. Especially in Melbourne. The idea was right.

Absolutely hideous internal aesthetics. Comrade Lenin would have been proud of the brutal concrete ugliness.

Easy to get to, the view from Level 2 is terrific.

Typical Melbourne. Awesome in some ways, woeful in other ways, and too expensive for what you get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is it at the Docklands that Melbourne people don't like?

Yeah no idea.

Docklands has it's flaws (and so does the MCG), but as a spectator experience nothing beats being able to watch the footy with a fantastic view, sheltered from the weather, and a 2 minute walk from the CBD's biggest train station.

Papa G

Hall of Famer
Suspended
Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Good to have a 50,000 seater with a roof. Especially in Melbourne. The idea was right.

Absolutely hideous internal aesthetics. Comrade Lenin would have been proud of the brutal concrete ugliness.

Easy to get to, the view from Level 2 is terrific.

Typical Melbourne. Awesome in some ways, woeful in other ways, and too expensive for what you get.

How is its concrete brutalism any different to the MCG's?? The MCG is just a massive concrete bowl. Nothing there is over 30 years old. It doesn't really have any character. Outside it's sheer scale there is nothing exceptional about the MCG.

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
How is its concrete brutalism any different to the MCG's?? The MCG is just a massive concrete bowl. Nothing there is over 30 years old. It doesn't really have any character. Outside it's sheer scale there is nothing exceptional about the MCG.

Any place that can hold 100k is pretty good. Agree that because of its capacity it’s the most famous ground in the country.
I enjoy watching at all grounds, when you think about it we all have a seat these days, what’s really to complain about.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
What is it at the Docklands that Melbourne people don't like? As a visitor once or twice a season I love going to the Docklands to watch footy, it's a great viewing ground and thats kinda all I am looking for as a spectator.
What is it that makes it so unpopular with the locals?

It’s not the G.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back