Marvel Stadium

Oct 8, 2009
Can someone explain why the AFL has bought this hole of a stadium and yet we still get ripped off?

19.50 today for two drinks and a ******* hot chips for *s sake.

The food as a whole is rubbish.

Phone reception at the ground is a joke. Their wifi is problematic (at least for me).

They didn’t even have Carlton Draught on tap the other week. They were pouring cans into cups. What sort of BS is that?

About time the AFL put some money and effort into this s**t ground and made food prices more in line with the MCGs.

It ******* sucks.

Oct 8, 2009
Your fault for buying drinks and hot chips instead of bringing in something (ie sandwiches, bottle of coke from woolies).

If more people did that and stopped buying overpriced crap, they'd be forced to change. Vote with your wallet.
I’m aware that food and drinks at events will be more expensive. I’m questioning why the AFL made a big song and dance about prices being lowered at the MCG but even after buying Marvel they haven’t done anything to their prices.

R Chee Manning

Marlo Snellman
Apr 27, 2019
Two Coronas... $9.50 each...

And a little pottle of fries - $5.50...

That's how much we pay... so stop complaining...

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
Valleys. Chelsea.
I never eat or drink at the footy because the food is shite and the drinks are way over priced, we usually go out for a good pub meal before the game.

If you can't last 3 hours at the footy without eating you may need to go to Foodaholics Anonymous.

R Chee Manning

Marlo Snellman
Apr 27, 2019
I never eat or drink at the footy because the food is shite and the drinks are way over priced, we usually go out for a good pub meal before the game.

If you can't last 3 hours at the footy without eating you may need to go to Foodaholics Anonymous.

It's not so much that...

It's the time that the footy is on...

It's always on at 'hungry time'...

I payed $12.50 today for a handful of chips and two tiny, burnt chicken tenders

Usually worth bringing something in if you have to eat at the footy

dont order burnt chicken mate its not good

Sep 18, 2011
Leeds United
Can someone explain why the AFL has bought this hole of a stadium and yet we still get ripped off?

19.50 today for two drinks and a ******* hot chips for ****s sake.

The food as a whole is rubbish.

Phone reception at the ground is a joke. Their wifi is problematic (at least for me).

They didn’t even have Carlton Draught on tap the other week. They were pouring cans into cups. What sort of BS is that?

About time the AFL put some money and effort into this **** ground and made food prices more in line with the MCGs.

It ******* sucks.
They don’t force you to buy this stuff, if it’s to expensive then don’t buy it. Pretty simple I would’ve thought.

Costanza_

Apr 2, 2008
West Ham United

Same people who can't sit through a 90 minute movie without a jumbo popcorn, gallon of coke, family pack of maltesers and two packs of sour gummi worms. $100 well spent.

Food is a massive rip-off at any venue you go to. Have a good feed before or after. Bring your own snacks if needed. And save your cash for beers (which TBH aren't much more expensive that at a pub).

My suggestion if you come in from southern cross is to eat at the Network public bar within the station and eat a proper meal before or after the game. You can watch other matches on various tvs too.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
Valleys. Chelsea.
Same people who can't sit through a 90 minute movie without a jumbo popcorn, gallon of coke, family pack of maltesers and two packs of sour gummi worms. $100 well spent.

Food is a massive rip-off at any venue you go to. Have a good feed before or after. Bring your own snacks if needed. And save your cash for beers (which TBH aren't much more expensive that at a pub).
LOL, yer I think the same thing when I take the grand kids to the movies, I just smuggle in some cheap as chips lollies/chocolate/muesli bars from Coles and a water bottle.

Oct 8, 2009

I bring in something almost always.

I also like to have hot chips when I’m at the footy and am questioning why prices are so different from the MCG. The AFL got the MCG to change and they don’t own the MCG. They own Marvel yet their food is much more pricier and is probably worse than the MCG’s.

Two Coronas... $9.50 each...

And a little pottle of fries - $5.50...

That's how much we pay... so stop complaining...
imported bottled beers in the bars at the G are never under $10