Will you watch it?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Finally managed to watch this tonight. After dodging spoilers and even the poster for months it is a miracle that I didn't know that Shuri would be the new BP and that Namor was even in the movie :cool:

After having low expectations it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but it had a lot of things holding it back to making it better than a 7/10.

The bad:
  • Ironheart: horrific power rangers suit and as mentioned a cop out thrown in intro for a Disney+ film
  • No avengers at the funeral - should have at least had Bucky there
  • Midnight Angels design was pretty horrific despite being comic accurate
  • The issue Marvel has now with new introductions into the MCU is whether this movie was a BP sequel or Namor origin story
  • There is no such thing as decent security in the MCU with Nakia easily rescuing Shuri, Okoye rescuing Ross, etc etc
  • Still don't rate Letitia Wright's acting
  • The plan to bring a boat and have them fight on top of a boat to beat Namor
  • Namor thinking that the new BP is more powerful than him but she did a lot right to get him into a weakened state before his life was spared

The great:
  • Namor and everything Talokan related, especially their fight scenes
  • Killmonger: was hoping he miraculously made it back to Earth

The glorious:
- Angela Bassett: especially the scene where she strips Okoye of her duties

Thoughts on the Talokan hand gesture?

Industry-Super-Annuation.png

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
Watched it last night. Decent but could have have been trimmed a bit. Not liking the recent trend of movies transitioning to 3 hour running times.

I'm guessing its been talked about in here already but that last fight scene a little unbelievable and stood out like a sore thumb. Even the wife was asking questions.

Watched it last night. Decent but could have have been trimmed a bit. Not liking the recent trend of movies transitioning to 3 hour running times.

I'm guessing its been talked about in here already but that last fight scene a little unbelievable and stood out like a sore thumb. Even the wife was asking questions.
What sort of questions was she asking?

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
What sort of questions was she asking?
How Shuri was able to keep fighting after being mortally skewered.

Where was the blood when the spear was removed.

One I thought about also was the usual Marvel power equalising. Black Panther was never that strong only on par with Captain America. Namor was apparently quite strong almost Hulk like. Yet she goes head to head with him.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Finally got around to it last night.

Continues the post Endgame run of very so-so flicks.

I’m a bit sick of miracle technology saving all of the problems in the Marvel universe. Kills the mystique and is lazy.

Extremely slow first half. Very good burst when Namor launched his first offensive but the finale was a bit bland. The way they’re reintroducing ‘Tchalla’ is clever.

I read they’re planning to slow down releases etc. I think they’ve passed saturation point and need to get some quality product out again ASAP.

Didn’t have a problem with Shuri as BP and I get why they did it but I would have enjoyed a return of Killmonger as BP a lot more.

Last edited:
Back